Ran Over Dog :(

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Blazed'n'Confuzed, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Today, after picking my sister up from work I ran over a small dog.

I saw two dogs cross the street in front of me and sort of slammed on the brakes. I had finished making a right, so I was going 15 mph max.

Since I had only seen two, I proceeded when I had given them enough time to move. Then, I thought I hit a bump in the road and looked back to see a dog lying on the ground.

I stopped a little ways up the street for a bit, then left. Needless to say, I felt sad, but more so for the dogs owner if it had one.

The thing is, I didn't hear any sound, so I'm hoping it had already been there and that it had no owner.

What do you guys think?

2. I think u shd hv stopped & checked to c if the dog was ok, if not drop it off at a vets or animal control, it could hv been suffering Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah OP. Big fail. I wouldn't fault you for hitting a dog vs possibly killing yourself, but you should at least stop and see if you can help the poor thing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. if i hit a dog and saw no owner id leave too

5. why would you stop to not hit the dog, and then a few seconds later run over it? you wait to see it move out of the way, not assume its gone after ample time. needless to say, you fucked up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hit & Run ...you are fucked in these enlightened times with cameras and phones,, best give yourself up, strange I never thought of members admitting shame on GC before, why didn't you stop and see the owners, tell us tell the judge

7. I've already reported you to the authorities. You're going to jail for a long time for this one. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The owners are stupid shits. I have a fence and keep my dogs in my yard, they are my responsibility.

9. Should have used your horn, but shit happen....
    LOL, cunt

10. LOLs all around

11. I did NOT want to read that title :( I'm not even reading the description! How horrible :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maybe it's fucked but I would check to see if it's still alive and if it is run it over again. I would think it has a slim chance of living through it and if it didn't die it would be suffering or couldn't be saved/ owner unable or unwilling to pay to for it. It's fucked but a dog lingering in pain is way more fucked

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you don't go back now, you are a dick. If you go back now, you show a shred of human dignity and remorse, and deserve not to have the same result happen to you.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fuuuck man. Not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  15. To everyone, it might have been a stray since I didn't see a collar. Like I said, I waited for the TWO dogs I saw to move out of the way, then proceeded on my way. That's when I ran over a third dog that I had not seen. I heard no yelp. When I stopped; there was no one in visible sight whom the dogs could have belonged to. It might have already been dead for all I know.
    If there was an owner in sight I would have gotten off and apologized. As well as offering to take the dog to the vet.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Fucking murderer!lol No but seriously man shit happens. It's not like you ment to kill the poor thing ,so get over it and move on with your life.

17. Thanks for the words, man.

18. You're very welcome friend.

19. Sucks you hit a dog man, but you seriously left it there for dead if it was suffering an didn't check for tags? Now that's fucked. No shame or willingness to step up when responsible calls, easier to run then feel bad later?

• Like Like x 1
  20. [quote name="Blazed'n'Confuzed" post="19462473" timestamp="1391495116"]If there was an owner in sight I would have gotten off and apologized. As well as offering to take the dog to the vet.Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Why only take him to the vet if he had an owner? Hopefully he wasn't suffering :-\\Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1