ran into some trouble using canna coco a + b. can any of you experts help?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by imafluffycorgi, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Hi everyone! I've run into some problems recently with a plant that has been doing very well otherwise and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do.

My girl is going into her 5th week of flowering, and over the course of the last week or so I started noticing burned tips and edges on leaves around the main cola. It looks like very straightforward nute burn to me, except for a few things - 1 being that I was under the impression that nute burn usually starts on lower leaves first before spreading to the rest of the plant? This is happening specifically at the very top of the plant.
    I'm also doubtful that I'm over feeding, as I'm currently only feeding with Canna Coco A + B at 1/3 the recommended strength (5ml / gal vs. 15 ml which is the recommended dose on the bottles). I'm worried that if I feed at any less than that, I'm gonna starve her. Is it common for some strains to be very sensitive to nutes? I also ran into some issues with clawing back in veg, and, again, I was feeding at less than half the recommended dose.

I've checked the ph, and it has been steady at 5.5-6.0. Heat has been 70-75 and humidity at 50-60.

Does this look like it may be something different from nute burn all together? Should I flush it and start feeding even less (1/4 strength? less than that, even?)? I was also gonna start adding PK13/14 this week, but now I'm not sure if that will make it even worse.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. P def. If i was to wager a guess.

But its most probably a micronutrient deficiency if the bud leaves are affected first.

Not much help, i know. hope you find the answer

3. thanks for the reply! i've been so worried about over-feeding the damn thing, it makes sense that i've done the exact opposite. i will start adding the pk13/14 and see if that helps.

4. To me it looks like the start of a K deficiency. The tips and margins will be affected first, then the whole leaf with yellow, develop spots and die. I'd leave your dose where it is since you are adding the pk booster. That should help. Keep some epsom salts handy during this time in case you start seeing mag deficiency during heavy bloom as well.

5. thanks for the reply bmaster1964! i started using the pk13/14 last week and sure enough, it cleared the problem right up. everything is coming along really nicely now!

6. No problem!;) Glad to hear all is going well with your grow.