rams horn leaves yellowing from bottom

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jennasguy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. I am currently 17 days into flowering in flood and drain tables with 6" rockwool cubes. All my plants leaves have rams horns. Maybe 25% of my plants have leaves that are yellowing from the bottom of the plant up. 4 plants are stunted, maybe half the size of the other 60 plants on the 2 tables. I would like to know what's wrong with them along with possible solutions. Additional information that might help is i'm feeding them 6.0 ph water and i have 2 bubblers in my reservois.

2. Pictures would probably get you some replies

3. your ph is a little high 5.7-5.9 is best for hydro
    and what is the ppm and ferts your using because your description
    sounds like n def post more info

4. At 17 days into flower, don't you think the plant would exhibit some self consumption of the energy stored in the leaves? That doesn't seem unusual to me.
    :confused:

5. I'll try to get some pics on tomorrow. I'm out of town and cant figure out how to get pics from my phone onto the comp so i'll just take some directly with my comp in morning when i get home. Additional info that might be useful is the strain is purple kush, and I'm using sensi bloom. I used HG for the 2 week grow period. The dude that runs the store here figures it may be food burn combined with too high a ph. I'm gonna flush a couple days and then kick back my food 20% and lower my ph to 5.7. Hopefully that will improve things. I'll get those pics on in the morning and hopefully someone here can give me a second opinion. Thx to the couple guys that have replied so far.

6. i could be wrong but me plants don,t show self consumption until about the
    4th week and he is using only flowering nutes not combined with any others
    this is the start of n def and at this point of the grow may stunt the plant a little
    if i,m wrong sorry but thats my experience

7. #7 jennasguy, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    Yikes. That didnt go as planned. Can someone tell me how to post pics. I had my name in there lol. Hope no one saw.

8. K maybe it worked this time.
    First and third are pics of ram horn leaves. Second is a plant yellowing from bottom.
    Pretty convinced it is nute burns followed by nute lockout on the ones that are yellowing. Second opinions welcome and thank you to those that have offered advice so far.
    I'm going to do what i said earlier: flush followed by weaker concentrated nutes and also lower ph some.

Attached Files: