Raising plants, not lowering my lights.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kkyle1227, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Hey all,
    I run 3 1000 watt hortilux bulbs inside of Rapor 8 hoods. 2 filters, numerous ducting, etc. . SO. I'd really like to leave them where they are at. Yes, they can be raised and lowered, but I'd prefer to instead, raise my plants.

The kicker here is I don't stretch my plants. They're 2 feet tall max, and very bushy.

I'm looking for solutions on getting my plants closer to the lights. What do you all do? I was thinking of building my own tables, but haven't really decided. Hoping some of you have examples of tables you use, flood tables, etc.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just lower my lights then raise them as the plants grow. Keeps the nodes really tight

• Like Like x 1
  3. We use 5 gallon buckets stacked into each other upside down. Super easy to add or take buckets out to adjust plant height. Though you need a lot of them depending on how many plants. We've just collected so many of them over the years that we have an abundance on hand.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats a pretty good idea.. They're cheap enough too. Might be the best option

Sent from my LG-H918 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1