Raising minimum wage?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guitarguy1821, Jan 28, 2014.

1. What's everyone think about this topic?

It's been going around a lot the past few months, and i'm sure if you tune into the state of the union address tonight you'll definitely hear about it.

A lot(not saying all) of the people it's going to directly affect probably look at it at face value and don't realize that things are simply going to cost more. Simple business: The more it costs to push that product, the more it's going to cost.

This is just my opinion, and I acknowledge that I could be wrong, and if so, so be it. But still.

I'm in that group thats making a bit more than minimum wage, but still just getting by, working my way through college until something better comes.

Different skills and experience are worth more than others. I wouldn't go into an interview for Mcdanks expecting to see $10 an hour. Around here thats like $1 less than a hourly lead/supervisor at most places.

I dont know. Super baked. Hope this is at least somewhat readable haha.

2. why pay more for the same amount of work and not expect an economic pitfall

why not giving everyone 1 million dollars while we are at

whats inflation?

3. ^^ Word, not to mention it encourages outsourcing of labor and makes us even less competitive than we already are in the global market.

Can government legislate wealth? I personally don't think they can.

how sons or grand sons are going to have the toughest time living on earth.

over population

disease - because everyone is taking special measures to avoid using their bodies natural antibodies to heal you

military government to control riots due to job loss

less work due to machines

war

etc