Raise light to fill scrog? 400w hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Scooba, Feb 2, 2018.

1. #1 Scooba, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Wondering if I should raise the light to allow plants to stretch out a bit to fill screen? She’s really bushy and full. Just put screen in. Would like to flip to 12 within the week or so. Using 400w hps for last part of veg as new MH was broken upon arrival. Vegged with cfls until a week ago. Also should I cut the lowest fan leaves for better air flow? It’s getting very tight in the plant. Also I’ve always wondered about letting all the lsts go? Allowing plant to do its natural thing to fill the screen to fill out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. My latest pair to hit short hours; just got the bump today to 5 gal.
    IMG_20180201_214912.jpg IMG_20180201_214925.jpg

3. Unsure how this helps my situation. Looking ok. I switch to 5+ gal a while before I switch to flower to let roots build properly. Is there any benefit in doing ur way? They look tiny to switch to flower. Also ur soil needs to be to almost the top to say 5 gal. U look a bit short. Prob more like 3.5 gal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Offering a comparative effort to gauge your progress by.

5. I appreciate it but the grows are completely different plus I’m unsure what you’re comparing.

6. They'll get twice as big as they are now when they flower so you may just leave it until they start flowering and then back the light off as needed as they get closer to it. I'd switch to fabric pots and water the hell out of em with some ph'd water and then nutes. They look like they could use a freshening. Whats the temp and humidity?

7. Just watered plain yesterday. Had a bit too much nitrogen. Leaves had the claw effect. Temp is 75 humidity 45. Unsure about switching pots as this container is over 5 gallons of soil. Should I drill holes in the sides for more ventilation to the roots?

8. Looks like you need to calm down on the water mate. Leaves should be reaching for light not dropping.

If you over water you won’t get good root growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I had this mismatched pair in that LED box until yesterday but they didn't stretch enough to make use of the shelf as a scrog. With more of a Sativa feel to them, I'm hopeful the fresh faces will. IMG_20180201_162123.jpg

10. Double post, sorry browser glitch.

11. what size is that pot?
    also imo you need to lower the net or boost the plant up

if that net was lower you could scrog a lot better
    letting them grow up into it is going to take longer and be more of a support net than scrog net

12. Might as well take the scrog out if you've already flowered. It's not going to benifit you as a scrog. tapatalk_1468021971897.jpeg

This is what my scrogs look like when I flip. The scrog is filled in veg, not flower. Once the scrog is filled or almost filled then you flip to flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #13 Scooba, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Pot is over 5 gal of soil. I have been debating lowering the screen a couple inches as the plant is 11” tall. I’m still in veg. Should I release the lsts that are in place to allow some freedom and help fill? The main coals are the 4 corners. Been keeping them low to allow more filling but I think it may be stressing a bit too much at this point.