Rainwater ph?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Smokey B McBongwater, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Collected a bunch of buckets of rainwater a few weeks away and than again a few days again collected a lot from the latest snow fall. Not much - about 15 or 20 gallons collected each time figuring i'd use them on my plants. I googled and saw general concerns is that rainwater PH usually falls around 5.5 but can vary of course on your local area. measured mine - WOW! meter keeps wavering between 8.8 and 8.9 both batches. A lot higher than I expected.
    My tap comes out around 8.0 or 8.1 so not horribly different there anyway although surprisingly much higher than I had expected. EC is 0.0 compared to tap witch is .4 just starting out out the faucet and with unknown content of the .4.
    So the rainwater is cleaner, just no help on the PH LOL

not really much of a question other than just curious what other's rainwater or snowfall is if anyone ever tested theirs

2. I use 100% rainwater at my house. My usual PH is about 6.9-7.1. PPM always measures 0. That's in SE Alaska.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks tbone! may be interesting to see differences from different areas if enough people respond.
    BTW, your threads were the ones that convinced me to go with the QB lights i have.
    My med tent has 4x qb132 3500k off a lrs350 and dimmer and my veggie tent is an alibaba folux kit thats equivalent to the QB260 kit - 2x 288 301b 3000k boards off a hlg 240h-48 and dimmer. don't have too much from the past to really compare them against but i'm pretty happy with the lights so far. thinking adding some uv in the future maybe? i'll see how the first few grows go - i've only had one so far.

4. I'd go 50/50 RO with your tap

when your tap dries out use the rain water ...lol

good luck

5. @Smokey B McBongwater Hey man! What do you think of the alibaba version of the HLG's? Do they compare in PAR and PPAR? Also, do they sell them fully built now or is it still a DIY setup?

6. it's equivalent to the QB260 kit except they also include a dimmer. Mine was one of the new 301 chips vs the older 561's although I wouldn't have known any differences myself - it was my first LED light so nothing to compare against anyway.
    after I got the Folux kit the 132' boards came back in stock so I got them for the second tent.

The folux kit I got was DIY - not sure if alibaba suppliers offer remade quantum board lights or only kits.

Have no way to compare or give you any kind of PAR numbers, you should talk to Tbone or a few of the other QB light experts in thew lighting section - they can give you better answers than I can.

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Smokey B McBongwater Awesome man thank you for the info! So being as how I am extremely new to the LED world, could you possibly link me to what you bought? I have them up on Alibaba currently but just want to make sure I am getting all the right parts to assemble the light. Was the assembly easy? And lastly, how many of the folux kits would I need to purchase to equal a hlg550 for instance? Sorry for the 20 questions lol just want to make sure I am getting this right, thank you again!

8. sorry, i don't have the link.
    it was from Shenzhen Meijiu. it was called the Folux-240H-2-326 full kit in 3000k. Mine was modified to have two separate heatsinks vs a single larger one. Pretty equivalent to the QB260 kit with an added dimmer.
    I'm not sure without looking on the HLG website but I think a hlg550 is basically two QB260's.
    but again, I'm new to the LED's also so you will get better and more accurate info in the lighting section versus from me.

• Agree Agree x 1