Rainforest 66 Tent Grow

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Bossdodge187, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Damn I got 2 trained pits and the cameras and what not but not finished improving my stuff yet

2. I actually tried to break into my old grow room when i shut it down. no matter what i did i could not get through the first door, and the second door was exactly the same as the first one. I am talking about 2 grown men with 20lb sledge hammers and six foot crow bars giving up after an hour. And Sampson is a trained security dog. He wears a Kevlar suit with ceramic inserts all the time, and he looks you in the eye when your sitting in a pickup truck. I also trained him to jump whenever he hears the hammer in a gun click to avoid getting shot. security is key, FUCK LAZY RIPPERS

3. I don't need to jack a grow I do good enough to keep up with what I got man but that sounds bad ass btw I posted more pics

4. Plus the security system was a 160dB siren and an autodialer to call me if anything went wrong. I can honestly say that 160dB puts you on your ass! I have accidentally set it off :smoking: and you cannot function with that kind of noise. it was all i could do to press the disarm button on my keyless fob

5. Pics look amazing. My camera died or i would have new ones up, hopefully tomorrow

6. Boss - I followed your discussions re mycos a while back and you seem knowledgable on the subject. I've been using great white for my grows and honestly can't say if its helping but I know it's not hurting and I've never had res issues even when temps get high. Whether its the gw or not, who knows. But a respected grower (on another forum) is recommending that I switch to pondzyme to save big bucks (it's about 30% of the price of gw plus you get way more) but I'm torn. On the one hand, it would be nice to save some coin, but on the other it ain't broke.

Also, while he says pondzyme is just a cheaper version of gw because it's not marketed to he hydro community but to people w ponds fountains, etc, they look like completely different products to me. One is mycos and one is bacteria. Almost like pondzyme is more of a replacement for hygrozyme (which I don't use). Anyway, penny for your thoughts if you've got any experience or knowledge with one or both. If you'd prefer me to start a new thread instead of jacking this one lemme know.

7. Its all good. The GW is a really good product because it contains not only mychorizal fungi, but also bacteria, and trichoderma, plus some essential viamines and a glucose base, essentially everything you need to get a good rizoshpere colony going. The Pond-zyme only has bacteria in it, which may well be beneficial to your plants, however the primary function of bacteria is to destroy any dead roots that may accumulate, which does happen, but if you can support them most roots survive. Not to say there are not some benefits in nutrient absorption to having bacteria in the mix, but i would stick with the great white if i were you. (As my old man says "If its not broken dont fuck with it"). That said I like to use Voodoo Juice, Piranah, and Tarantula in my mix. Cost does not bother me, and I am friends with a bunch of ppl from advanced (I used to be a "beta tester" and have been using advanced longer than most). I have found a mix that works well for me, but that is not to say that other methods dont return similar results

8. Thanks, Boss!

9. nice large photographs

10. Thanks for making the journal - I'm considering the same rainforest 66 set-up.

11. Looking pretty good in there, i wish i could post some new pics i'll try to track down another camera this weekend. Got a little too close to the light and they shot a little bit, but they are coming back now. Thanks to everyone who follows this

12. Looking killer boss been real busy lately I haven't posted in a minute maybe I'll get back to it soon just thought I'd drop in and say what's up

13. Been a long time since my last post, broke my camera, anyways just for an update my yield first time out was around 700 grams, and things did not go well in the last few weeks, burnt a ballast and 3 brand new hortilux bulbs in two weeks, turns out power surges are common in my new area. Installed a capacitor, step up/down transformer, and a few deep cycle batteries to feed the ballast, and problem solved. On week 1 of another grow, and i know i will do much better this time around

14. I have been running the 66's for about 5 years now. I use straight GH nutes. What do you use?

15. I know it’s a long dead thread, and that’s why I posted in it. I am the op. First started doing this 5 years ago. 5 years later I am using all the exact same equipment aside from a few bulbs and multiple recharges on the charcoal filter. Props to general hydroponics for making a system that lasts forever in the grow world