Rainbow Six: Patriots

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ShimmyDylan23, Dec 12, 2011.

1. #1 ShimmyDylan23, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    I haven't come across a thread for this game yet, so I figured I would show you how absolutely stunning this game looks (in it's current state) and how perfected it will become in the final product. If you've ever watched 24 or Die Hard, you should have an understanding for patriotism. It isn't a pretty thing.

There are several videos for the game so far. Check them out to get a full understanding of the ruthless story line and it's mechanics, along with other information. I'll start you guys off with the a short, crazy cinematic trailer. Then a demo trailer (which isn't actual gameplay but looks better than any I've ever seen... and it's a year old too.) The third is a 10 minute video explaining the story line and type of scenarios you would experience within the game. Enjoy! :smoke:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMz8PKe5RFU]VGA 2011: Rainbow Six: Patriots Exclusive Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQysh2Ci0c]Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots Announcement Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpyrzD4QNgU]The Storytelling of Rainbow Six Patriots | Game Informer - YouTube[/ame]

2. that first trailer is badass

3. Can't wait! i was just saying a few weeks ago to my friend that they need to make a new Rainbow six game!

4. I know. They aren't holding back anything in this game. It is bringing the real conflicts to light between the American government and the American people, which only makes this game feel so much more real.

5. Yeah this game is gonna be sick.. Loved RSV.. RSV2 was ight.. Hopefully this one is amazing!!!

6. I remember spending a good amount of time playing RSV2. I usually hate FPS, but considering their cover system, it's a great series.

7. It said patriot.

FUCK THIS GAME! I'm not a nationalist piece of shit like you.

8. I'm sorry, but what are you getting at?

9. Loved RS:V2 and the first two videos were amazing. I've always liked the tacticalness of the Rainbow Six. Such a nice change of pace from Call of Duty and even Battlefield. RSV2 was actually the last FPS that I played the campaign - and it was damn fun too.

Definitely going to be picking this up.

10. I really like games with deep stories with themes that resonate in the real world. Bioshock (philosphies of Ayn Rand), Homefront (North Korea), Metal Gear Solid 4 (military industrial complex) and now Rainbow Six: Patriots. Game's going to be so awesome.

11. Exactly, stories pertaining to our reality are the best. As I can see, this game will upset a few due to the theme story. Look at the jackass that posted three or four replies up, he is highly upset about it...

12. God I hope online will be fun man. Miss paying RB6 V2

13. It's propaganda bullshit.

14. Either you're on some very, very strong psychedelics, or your posting in the wrong thread.

Or your a fucking retard :D

15. I'm going with the last one.

Grizmo, try explaining yourself a bit more instead of posting one sentence replies that don't make sense because I don't see any propaganda bullshit.

16. wow this game looks pretty cool.

17. Hes saying its propoganda because he thinks they are using the name of the game to appeal to an american audience. I doubt he watched the videos or even read the op's post though considering this game looks as if it negatively portrays america.

I think its a really smart tactic, snag all the people who are like "omg i luv guns and army and america lets buy dis patriot shizz" then when they play its actually a deep story with controversial storyline to draw you in

18. If that's what the person is truely thinking, they have no right to speak whatsoever. This game will appeal to all with an open mind. It doesn't matter if this specific game portrays America negatively. These things actually happen from time to time, in EVERY country. Besides, I'm certain other games show Russia, South America, etc., that they are the enemy and must go to war with them. This game is changing it up by taking the war to the terrorists living within our homeland, on our homeland... which is all believeable.

19. damn never was big into the rainbow six series but this game looks badass