Rain.......

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cash407, Apr 30, 2009.

1. For the next week we are expecting rain every day will this be a bad thing for my plants. Ive read that you can over water your plants will to much rain hurt my babies that are outside?? Or is this a good thing is rain water better than me watering them????

2. It can be bad for your plants and if you are expecting heavy rain for a number of week continuously then i would be worried.

However a heavy downpour for a day or 2 can really boost your plants growth.

Try and set up some kind of protection from the rain. ( clear plastic sheeting)
    1. because of over watering
    2. because if you plants are young heavy rain can damage them(break stems etc.)

3. Yeah I was actually wondering if the rain would be bad because it will rain over the entire plant which from what I understand causes a nitrogen flush....isnt that bad for a young plant?

4. yeah I was thining on covering them but it didnt rain today it was just real cloudy will the plant still growing even though the sun isn't out just because they are outside?

5. Yes they will. Growth will be slower, but they will still grow.

6. i want to go to my outside spot to look at plants but i try to go the least amount of times has anyone read the tread about the guy who was pulling a two pounds off of one plant. Amazing it's in the curing and harvesting forum

7. will three good months of sunshine be sufficent enough to good yielding plants/?

8. Yeah more than sufficient. where about are you? Whats the temperatures like?

9. Im in Maryland the temp the last week was in the high 80's but now its in the High 60's, cloudy, and rainy I'm hoping next week will have a better look. Quick question I'm growing two strains purple power plant, and Aussie blues what do you think I can yield with growing outside???

10. I have no experience in growing those strains sorry.

My last grow was an afghan x lemon haze and i had 5 plants. 3 of which were much bigger than the rest.

In the end i had around 35-40 ounces.
    However that's not the best comparison as Spain is generally very hot most of the season.

11. #11 Laughing Grass, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    What a coincedence man, im in maryland also bro....I hope we arent growing our shit in the same woods hahaha....cuz i saw some sprouts about a mile away in the woods. mine are autoflower so I will be done in june 20th....lol

12. Yeah I'm doing about 31 plants on my first grow im grouping them together in fours two feet apart I hope that's enough space.

13. I'm outside of d.c.

14. 301 in the gcity

15. And one group of threes?