Rain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bluespringsgrow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. will rain effect the quality of my buds when its pouring on them?

2. THC is not actually water soluble. But a lack of sun means smaller growth and yield.

3. i seee.

you dont think that rain can nock tricoms off?

4. or bring mold?

5. not mold because the plants are still growing. marijuana grows naturally outside.
    im gana dry them properly.

6. not mold because the plants are still growing. marijuana grows naturally outside.
    im gana dry them properly.

7. Sweet I thought so. Thank you for clarifying that.

8. uhhh, you can get budrot while your plant is still flowering. it just needs to rain alot and/or be very humid.

9. Growing plants can still go mouldy if they get too wet. Ask the UK growers, LOL.

10. No. But if your area has acid rain or salty rain water, it can make the soil, pH, and growing conditions not optimal.

11. No, it doesn´t rain salt water.:rolleyes:

12. ^^^^^i was going to say the same thing!^^^^^:p

13. While they are growing, during the last two weeks is the most important time to be checking for mold. Especially if it is raining alot and the sun doesnt come out to dry them up, there is a high probability that they will mold. Youve got awhile to go till you have to worry about that though.

14. dude your lucky to be getting rain. i havnt had a spec of rain in days now which mean that my plants are gona dry out..

15. Yeah rain is rather a good thing in this season. I agree , 2 last weeks are most important. Plus, plants will be stronger if they go through a lot a shit and survive!

Later in the season, the buds can mold but they can also be so heavy with the water that the branches will break (so you need to stake the branches to support the weight). I once found several branches broken and they were heavy with rain (water had soaked up the buds trust me!!). I just skotch taped the branches and they healed!!! After, they dried off.