Rain

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by dizzylando, Dec 15, 2012.

1. I'm from the Sonora desert, so I think I appreciate rain more than most people do, because it was a special occasion thing when I was growing up.

Now I live in PA, and though I still like the rain, the rain there has nothing on Tucson Arizona rain. When it falls in tucson, it comes down hard, huge raindrops pouring down and soaking you in seconds, instead of misty drizzle. There is almost always lightning too, beautiful. Also, when it rains, the water is cold, but it usually was a hot day before, so it just feels great. When it rains in tucson, all I want to do is go out and be in it. Run in it, dance in it, drink it up and get soaked.

Best of all, when it rains in the Sonora desert, there is a wonderful smell. There's a plant called creosote that grows there, and smells beautiful when you get it wet. It's a scrubby bush with yellow flowers and hairy white seeds, and looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    I love them.

2. Been raining for 3 days here in Sarnia, not complaining though :D

3. Well, I am odd man out! I hate the rain. Maybe warm rain but the rain is sure cold right now and it's ruining my fishing for the weekend.