Rain water

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by yea i own, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Has anyone noticed, that rain water is WAY better for growing than tap or purified?

I don't know why, but my plants were dying, althought i've been watering them, then it rains, and they just come back all healthy... This has happened more than once, and also happened with my lawn. Can anyone explain or is this just coincidence. :eek:

2. The closer to nature the better in most cases. I theorize that the rainwater probably has micronutrients your plants were not otherwise getting before.

3. It could also be that you weren't watering enough. Rainwater saturates the ground.

Or you could compare the PH of your rainwater to your tap water.

4. In many places rainwater is far worse than tap or other water because of pollutants. Rain filters the air as it falls, capturing soot, ozone, and chemicals, and some of this can interact with each other or with the rain itself to form acid rain etc. But it really depends on where you are.

5. I think the first hr of rain could contain some bad stuff but after an hr or less it should be as clean as pure driven snow IMHO,but im no pro at rain water either.

6. When it rains everything gets a nice dose of N from the air....lightning causes N to seperate from the other stuff and it falls to the ground....that is the green effect of a storm :)

7. All snow is filthy....there is a dust mol. in the center of each snowflake (dirt)
    we use snow in the winter for water here and the PH can go from 4-13 from day to day storm to storm.
    If it comes out of Canada. it is Nasty

8. OK then,filtered melted snow;) will that work?

9. yup we filter twice.....ceramic then carbon :rolleyes::wave:

10. Don't even get us started here!!

what you don't like the fact that your (the USA) crap air comes back to you with the snow storms???

hahaah!! cheers Doc - still waiting for that compost post!!

11. Prolly very accurate, though the doc said the flakes contain a dirt particle IIRC.