Rain Water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CFLdorm, Dec 30, 2006.

1. I heard that rain water is a good food for your plant, since it picks up N in the atmosphere I assume, and also I heard that it's pH is ideal. Is this true?

2. don't know about the N deal, but everyone i've ever spoken to about growing has said that rainwater is the ideal water to use. maybe not so true if you live in a high pollution/smog &/or acid rain area.

3. Haha, that's a good point. LA people beware ;D

4. another good place to get ur water from would be a natural fresh water spring :) but i doubt you get many of them in american cities ? damn i love the uk country side :D

5. Nice for all you people lucky enough to get rain in the growing season. Tap water only for me.

6. I also heard the same thing before about the rain water and N. Let us know how it works for ya.

7. Happy New Year !!!!!!

8. I'll DEFINATELY let you know how it goes. Starting my first grow journal in 2 weeks or so, once Im back in my appt. I've heard people only feed with rainwater and it works for nutes. Crazy, but makes sense.

9. Yes all is true, rain water is the best type of water for plants. I have several large tubs out in my backyard ready to catch rain water.
    Use it....

10. I use rain water from the welsh hills,this water is so good i only have to use nutes a few times in the whole of the grow

11. "Filtered through 500 years of sheepshit."

I use Welsh water too, except mine has had all the good stuff taken out, loads of crap put in, and gets delivered through a pipe.

If only I could be bothered to scale Pen y fan every 2 days with a couple of buckets.

Damn my lethargy!

12. Happy new year all.

I use rainwater exclusivly, have 4 x 50 gallon drums outside catching water everytime it rains...

and yes i would not advise it in big cities due to acid rain.

13. Rabiez: Do you really just grow tomatoes?
    DierWolf: I'm a little worried at the greenish tint to my rainwater. It was collected under a tree so I presume it's from that. Should I not use it because of the potential for bacteria?

14. No Sir! I grow tomatoes, chiles, radish, sunflowers, beans, carrots, leeks, peas, beetroot, and many other veggies as a cover for my purchases. I then dole out a few veggies to my neighbours who may or may not have seen me carrying horticultural supplies in through my front door. Then I make a special trip to the neighbours who took in a parcel for me not so long ago. The parcel was a reflector in its original box carrying the legend 'Diamond reflector - for superior yields of flowering plants', and her question on handing me the parcel was...
    "You're not growing cannabis are you?"
    Cue the start of an elaborate veggie growing cover story.

I also grow weird seeds that people bring me back from holidays. I'm working on 2 Cuban seeds atm - most weird, but happy in my bubble bucket.

I like flowering plants particularly, so the next spare bucket will be filled with some pretty strelizia (bird of paradise) seeds I just got...
    http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/images/strelitzia.jpg
    Pretty eh? Takes 2-3 years to get them to flower though :(

It's all good, and gives the growroom some colour and camouflage, which takes the focus from the green bushes that grow behind. :D Even my old mum likes a nose in there (she's an avid gardener), but she's not sussed it yet.

Or maybe she has?
    Hope she doesn't jack my grow for grannies arthritis.

15. its green because light is getting to it, take some out in a clean glass and look at it, should not be green, if it is no good, should be crystal clear.

What i have is 2 cloths over the top of my barrels, water can seep thru the cloth filtering it and keeps lights and bugs out as well...

16. Hahaha, rain water is such an obvious choice to use... Why didn't I think of it before seeing this thread?! Rain water is what the plants were naturally meant to be watered with... So, I would say that it's the best thing to use.

That's not to say using personally adjusted water is a bad thing... Look at the growth of steroid users! lol

Bottom line, rain water and sometimes land water, is rarely a bad thing to use.