Rain and growing outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 616232, Sep 24, 2017.

1. I've never grown before so my questions may seem worse than that an absolute beginner.

I have a grower though. It's been raining steadily for a week now. We are supposed to get a few days of sun now though . Will all that rain make the plants moldy?

How do you know when to chop them down when you're growing outdoors? I'm worried they will have to be chopped down early.

2. Is your grower inexperienced?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We don't chop down our plants. We harvest the buds as they ripen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oh, I see. I'm in Oregon too. Keep mine covered, but I feel like I'm on borrowed time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I was in that position last season. I still waited it out and used a leaf blower to blow the water off the buds. It was concerning, but it was worth it. Then I used dehumidifiers in the drying rooms to control the moisture. No bud rot. It worked great. We hung the individual bud branches on trellis netting hung on cables stretched across he room. It was like three walls 10' long 6' high with solid buds. I will have to take a photo when we start harvesting. We used to chop the plants years ago, but when I saw this technique used, I just had to try it. Been using it ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  6. My grower is experienced.

I hope she does something like this. I have actually never seen her garden. She just delivers a pound to me every October but this last week of rain has me wondering. I would hate for the buds to be harvested before they are ready due to rain.

• Like Like x 2