Radiohead

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mindgnome, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Anyone into them? My favorite song is street spirit, but all of their songs are awesome. They are a band that I can't think of a song I hate by them...Thom Yorke either, loved all of his work.

2. I gotta be in the right mood for them, but yeah. I dig em. Kid A, the Bends, and OK Computer are probably my favorite albums.

The Eraser is good too, I like Thom Yorke's electronic style.

3. Yeah, over the years they have gotten weirder and weirder with their sounds, they are one of the few global bands that doesn't care what the media has to say.

4. i went to their concert here last month.

tripped pretty hard and went with an open mind, but still didnt "get it".

i enjoyed the show, i dont like listening to them in the car though.

5. Radiohead use some cutting edge tools to shape the sounds...they are some of the few professionals who are bold enough to use loopers live...
    That was cool as hell releasing the new album for free download...

I really like the Radiohead... :smoking:

6. As a musician who uses live looping, I respect that a lot. Shit is really hard, but awesome when you get the hang of it.

7. Easily my favorite band.

Kid A, Hail to the Thief, and OK Computer are standouts, but all their material is good.

Thom Yorke's The Eraser is also easily one of my favorite albums of all time.

8. im seeing radiohead in august i cant wait. listening to kid a with headphones when I was still getting my old school highs off hash was life changing, so many deep rythyms in that album that stick out when you're super blazed. cant imagine tripping to that album (altho i havent tripped yet) The Eraser is pretty chill too (I lost my virginity with the eraser playing on that girls vinyl player in the background so that album has alot of meaning to me ;)

9. radiohead is amazing, i just kept buying their albums once i bought in rainbows. kid a is such a phenominal album, reminds me of a modern day pink floyd.

10. I do enjoy them, but I can't listen to them often, like my brother does.

11. Fellow looper huh... cool i am using a DL4 into a RC2 for live guitar looping on the street... i just got a crate limo rechargable amp ( *)(* )
    You ever go to loopersdelight.com ? lots of tech talk there... :D

12. ok im confused.

since when is it hard to loop while playing live?

most every band i listen to uses looping for multiple melodies in the same song.

13. Radiohead was the first music i studied when high. kid a, amnesiac, ok computer, and in rainbows are my fav. Just chillin with some headphones in the dark, or watching the stars when listening to them is the key. daydream you know. musically this band is a modern day pink floyd in many ways. i believe that they are more musically talented however. there discography is an evolution. listen to one album and you know what the last was like and where they might be heading for their next. they went from classic 90s alternative to spacey, trippy rock, to electronic, to political to chill, etc. I love radiohead!

14. Yeah, smoking really good pot and listening to them is really awesome, they have a lot of different sounds in their music. They are a very good band to listen to tripping, though sometimes I can't listen to music at all when I am tripping because it makes me feel overwhelmed. If you have it at low volume with your eyes closed generally you have out of body experiences. It can be really hard for me to listen to music when I am tripping though. Tool is another one I love on drugs the live version of Pushit is a mindfuck if you listen to it while you are tripping, it was obviously made for some one who is tripping. It literally goes on for ages.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jz7-SADVyBU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jz7-SADVyBU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH31XWhY0cI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH31XWhY0cI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. You must listen to some cool music, I don't see many artist doing this yet... i see a lot using pre recorded backing tracks, I'm waiting for live looping to explode on the scene...

16. Yeah, the live Pushit is amazing because it's just like a 13 minute build up then an amazing climax.

The live Third Eye and No Quarter cover are both amazing too.

17. When I'm looping, I'm usually superimposing a rhythm over another, meaning that my line will only line up one in a while with the other rhythm. If it step on the pedal a millisecond too late, the time will be off and the polyrhythm will be ruined. The pedal I have also doesn't have an "auto-quantize" function, which means it doesn't fix any rhythmic errors. What you play is what you hear.

It's easier to loop playing solo than playing with a band...your loop has to be SPOT on if you don't want it to sound like amateuristic hogwash. I guess that the bands you listen to are composed of talented musicians who have mastered the art of looping.

scary visionary, how is the RC-2? I am looking for a separate looper to add on to the DL-4 which I already have.

I use the DL-4, also with the FM-4, a Boss OC-3, and a DOD phasor/2 with my saxophone. I usually play through a Marshall AVT150, but I'll put it through a PA if i have to. Produces some cool stuff.

18. The RC2 is ok but you have to do everything with one footpedal (external footswitch available)... but it has 16 min loop time, and runs on a 9 volt, perfect for the street, camping, or in a pedalboard set up. it sounds good too, clean real clean.

I'M A CREEP
    I'M A WEIRDO

RAIDOHEAD RULES :metal:

19. What could you do with an expression pedal with the RC-2?

....sorry for hijacking this thread.

What did you guys think of In Rainbows? I thought it was a great cd, and I still remember the day it went online. A rainy day, and lots of weed and opium. I must've looped the album 4 or 5 times in a row.

20. Radiohead is badass, just reading this thread made me want to put em on. I had em on my computer somehow...:)