radio controlled cars thread.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Reo, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Hmm may have to pick that one up. I use the trx wheelie bar but he'll with the castle 3800kv motor it doesn't last long

• Like Like x 1
  2. Finally got my traxxas summit monster truck back together in rwd mode.

I lost a couple drive shafts last time it was going...street sign.. and I believed the rear diff was clicking. So I took out the front diff put it in the rear and put on a pair of spanking new drive shafts.

The day comes...and I go out for a quick 10 min run. Through some snow wide open. Had to since the tires are mud tires so if they aren't shedding you aren't moving.

Turns out I might have suspected the wrong diff as after the 10 min the spider gears were roasted. Like fuck.... 8year old spider gears but still lol.

20181117_133002.jpg
    To put it in perspective the tire are 7.5" tall.

Attached Files:

3. That thing is a beast. I bought a new shorty lipo for my Team associated sc6m and I've only taken it out once since. I got to get the kids more into their rcs. They just play fortnight these days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That thing needs a castle brushless motor/esc combo and a big lipo. The newer stuff is unbelievable for power and run time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hell no man this is a crawler. Sides that the diffs are getting old now that I think if it.

I got other brushless rigs for my speed needs. As the summit is one of those trucks you only need replace the worn out items as breakages aren't that common.

6. Heres my rc cars. I have a 1/16 mini e-revo with some lipos.
    Then i have radio shacks 1/24 scale xmods. 5 in all.... skyline, scion ( which is modded ), lancer evo ( drifter). Audi, and a supra.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Just shows you play with it. Unlike mine. Lol. I want to tak my mini revo to a track but there isnt any near me :sad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sit on my RC car ur dead meat. That’s one of my pride and joys

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1