Racquetball Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by dudeindistress3, Aug 12, 2012.

1. After a quick search I didn't see any threads like this so how many blades play racquetball? Personally I love to play it before or after lifting everyday. Great cardio, competitive, and awesome to play high. The only problem is not many places offer it and the ones that do are expensive.

2. i've never played racquetball, but my apartment complex has a court on our property. i just dont know what it is, or what i need to play lol

3. [quote name='"Broosh"']i've never played racquetball, but my apartment complex has a court on our property. i just dont know what it is, or what i need to play lol[/quote]

It's very easy. A quick google search would do it but you basically just need a racquet and a ball. I'm not sure if your court is indoor or outdoor but if it's indoors you serve (basically serve from the long rectangle hitting the front wall first) then the other person returns. The ball can hit the ground once before you hit it but that's it. You're hit had to reach the front wall (hitting any other walls or ceiling you'd like) without hitting the ground. Basically like tennis without a net lol you can play by yourself but it's not nearly as much fun.

4. it's outdoor, that's all i know lol.

5. A cheap racquet,balls, and goggles will cost you about $30 after that there's pretty much no cost

6. dude, awesome. glad to see a fellow racquetball blade out there. just started playing at the start of the summer and have been playing nonstop. can't wait to get back to college and start playing some of my friends there.

it really is a great workout though. best of 3 to 21 leaves me drenched in sweat. never tried playing high though, i feel like it would kind of fuck me over. racquetball requires you to be on your toes at all times and i feel like a bowl or 2 wouldn't do me any favours.

anyway, how long you been playing?

7. I just started playing this summer also and play almost everyday. I pick things up pretty quick and I'm not bad at it. My college also has a court that I just never went to so I'm pumped to go back

8. Guess no blades play racquetball :confused: