Racist?

Discussion in 'General' started by weedboss, Jun 25, 2003.

?

Do u descriminate a different race?

1. Yes all the time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Whenever they piss me off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rarely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rarely, but I do have an ongoing racism of the French, I hate the French culture, the attiude, and everything else about the French. I'll allow there are some nice people there, but thats about it. Other than that, I don't care. (and no this hasn't been due to the past war, I've always have hated the French)

2. I love everybody. Even those who hate me.

3. of all the french people i have met.... those from britani and the south are wonderful people (for the most part), those from paris.... the ones i've met anyways.... they have that most american of traits... arrogance... maybe thats why the propaganda war against the french is so. :D

oh.... i dont think i answered the question.. never. individuality first, culture second, skin colour.... millionth.

4. If "Racism in the sense that you think you're a better human being only because of the colour of your skin, your culture or your religion" - Woody, And if Digit said, "individuality first, culture second" then, ?????

5. i have nothing against other races. i wouldn't care if someone had neon green skin!

but i do take the piss outta my welsh and scottish friends, anbd they take the piss outta me for bein english lol. but it's just jokin.

ME *you leek eating, sheep shagging lunatic you!*

GEORGE *bah, ya cockney piece o poo!*

6. i like em all.
    it's what PEOPLE and the GOVERNMENT do that
    i don't like.

7. Bakaked: i think you misunderstood. i'm not ignorant of the differing between "views on life" some have. not at all. and i don't base my opinion of somebody solely on their beliefs. however, generaly, i think my statement stands true, allthough exceptions do exist. how too explain?

8. i try not to be racist. after 9/11 i didn't really like arabs, but i dont mind them now. another thing is, i dont like "niggers" (there is a difference between black people and niggers) but i cant stand it when black people think they should get back at white people because of the american government having slaves for 300 years. i mean its like, get the fuck over it! and they can have black pride month and BET and all that shit but if some had a white pride monty or a White Entertainment Television channel, that would be racist. fuck, i dont know where im getting with this but im not racist.

9. Nope, Im an American, but I plan to hit the UK & Ireland on an international trip in a couple years.

10. Pardon my blatant fucking ignorance, but what's a leb?

11. It's not just racism people! It's sterotypes! "Christians are close minded." That is simply not true for all Christians... although there is a fairly large population of close-minded Christians (Jerry Falwell, this means you!).

Don't judge people based on a particular "group" that they belong to.... judge them individually, because that's what they are, individuals! That's the way I try to live. If I don't like someone it's because I just don't like their attitue or personality.

It's this "my group hates your group" mentality that has been responsible for ALL wars ever!

12. sry to hear that. the best, closest most trustworthy person- either than my hubs- is my best friend who is leboneise. she's the best. and so is her family.

but i can understand. i grew up having to hide behind furniture when people were breacking into our house. imagine i was at least 8yrs old, my little brother was 6 and one of us would go with each parent and hide. and my dad was no small guy. but there would be to many. once my dad got beat up bad. it was scarey.

it's the choices people make. not their nationality.

13. Rascism= ignorance

14. duuuuude! you put it so well. i blame both our language and our cultures for perpetuating racism... i'm sure things are getting better over time... but there are still more and more racists being created every day,... thats worrying enough to think that there may one day be another massive racist uprising.

i havnt read alll the posts here... but i think i reember someone insinuating that i was predjudice or something... they must have misunderstood.

"Rascism= ignorance"

fuck yeah.

time for my sig ;)

15. Thanks! :D

(yes, I know this post has no worthwhile content, but I really appreciate when someone tells me that I did well.)

16. boy, i've been misquoted twice in one thread...

what i said was:
    ---
    dicriminating on superficial things like skin colour, never.

on view on life sometimes,

muslims are backward and medievil
    hindu's are relaxed and openminded
    buddhists and atheists are reflective
    *christians are closeminded or confused. often both*
    rastafarians are just cool
    ---

[i highlighted the christian thing. there are three arguments there, not one, as quoted by others]

and i still stand by that. these are stereotypes. we all have them. we categorize people by fifferent standards. my penultimate standard are view on life.

that is however not a reason to avoid people who fit into the stereotypes, but beeing aware of them is a good way to try to overcome them.

all i'm saying is that we should be realistic. all of us discriminate in one form or another. and all the time you judge someone, someone else is judging you.

17. i just wrote a massive reply about world religion and my cpu fucked im... i think i'm going to go cry in the corner

GONE ALL GONE!!!!

18. Hey MrCrispy, that is one Evil looking cat in your av. Looks
    cool.

19. Around here, mexicans are refered to as "deer".

I am no racist...but some shit is just funny....

20. If you hurt no one you're ok with me. Sure we might dissagree from time to time, have a different view on this or that, but as long as you don't hurt me or a fellow person. Stereotypes sometimes contain an element of truth- SOMETIMES. We shouldn't base our entire understanding of the world on generalisations though. Mild racist comments aren't bad in the right context- a joking context. If everyone is cool and no one is offended then there is no harm done. If it is done in anger I don't think it is appropriate.

peace