Racist thoughts

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by rwilliams, Oct 27, 2006.

1. For the longest time I've been a blacks right enthusiased and all that and always got mad what anyone showed the least bit of racism..... but when I got jacked again by a friend I realized out of all the 5 times I've been jacked recently(either downright jacked or ripped me the fuck off and wouldn't give me my money back all "friends") how many times of them have been by black people (5/5) and then I thought of all my white, asian, middle eastern friends and thought of how many times I've been ripped off by one of them (0), I just caan't ignore that fact...... I am trying so hard to not be racist.... but here is my question: (it's an honest question that I'm trying to find the answer to) is it a coincidence that all the friends that have jacked me are black?

2. Probably not coincidence at all, but what everyone has to keep in mind... their race/physical appearance (......blackness) has nothing to do with it. It's more of where and how they were raised. Or maybe they're just plain assholes. Just because someones skin is black doesn't mean there's some chemical/physical difference in their brain that gears them more towards jackin' you.

3. Yeah the reason that more black people are into crime and stuff like that has jack shit to do with the fact they're black.. its the fact that they're fucked over by the system and put in public schools that teach them nothing and in poor societies that offer them nothing.

4. It's not the color my friend, it's in the head. There's 2 distinct types of people basically defined in either if these two sayings 1. "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"! 2. "Do unto others before they do unto you '! these sayings define two distinctly different kinds of people and I think you know which kind have been Jacking you!

5. Hmmmmmm, your evidence is empirically based and therefore doesn't represent a general rule or fact. My first thought is, get better friends bro. I’ve never been jacked once by any of my "black" homies; so who’s right, you or me? The danger in taking what happens in our personal life and extrapolating it into a world view is that we're looking through a very blurry lens. So much goes into the individual make up of a person and equal access to opportunities is one of those things. Blacks have evolved different socially because of all the horseshit they’ve had to endure from whites. That isn't very comforting to someone that's been a victim of crime, but then again you have to give a shit to begin with. That means we have to understand that we live in a world where people come from radically different life experiences, a world where economic divisions run deep and wide. (America is all about those dollars.) We live in a country where social justice hasn’t been completely achieved and the results are heartbreaking.

Numbers seem like a good idea to use in terms of nailing down the facts until you're the one in the negative column.

<O:p</O:p“If a white man falls off a chair drunk, it's just a drunk. If a Negro does, it's the whole damn Negro race.”

~Bill Cosby~

Peace.

6. My black friends would never rob me. But they won't stop dancing...

7. that is extremely funny.

8. omg thats so funny, i got this one friend black james that when he gets high he starts dancing like crazy.

One night we were just chilling, me him and my other friend james and he stands on top of a park checker board table and starts dancing... no less that 15 seconds do the cops come and i got the blunt in my hand. I tossed the blunt and the cops ID'd him and then they dipped.

anyway, about the topic... like every one else said, its not the skin color. Its how they were brought up, and what morals they have been tought. I know alot of black kids that grew up in the worst neighborhoods in NY and they are by far the most proper/nice/considerate people i know b/c their mothers brought them up right.

9. Realising that only black people have fucked you over isn't being raciest, it's once you start prejudging somebody just because they are black that it becomes raciest.

10. And put in public schools that teach them nothing???....What....The public school system has nothing to do with it.

11. Yeah, dancing... Good thing that isn't a stereotype.

12. oh please. this aint a race thing.

go watch bowling for columbine.

if your black friends are getting robbed by black people hmmm, think it might just be an ecconomic thing, and that it's discrimination thats causing it?

if you are constantly getting confirmations and affirmations that you personally are one of a type that is to do with anything, say, eating mangoes, don't you think that the suggestion might just make it so?

if anyone should be getting a splattering of blame here, it's european slave merchants and the modern american rightist media.

13. I was just kidding man, I don't have any black friends.

THIS IS A JOKE TOO!!! So nobody get all pissed.

14. Bull fucking shit my man. It has everything to do with it.

How the hell do you plan to go anywhere in life if you don't have anything close to what could be considered an education??

This is basic economics man.

Black people + discrimination=unequal education=decreased chance of landing any sort of job and crime=money

15. I wrote a paper about an issue similar to this dealing with other "races" that were able to overcome American discrimination and the black race that hasn't been able to completely do so. Asians and people who consider them self of Jewish descent on average make more money than average Caucasians. Think about the oppression that Asians had to deal with during WWII (internment camps) and the Jews had to deal with late 19th and early 20th century when entering the country. My thesis was that affirmative action caused this gap in races, because black people realize that they do not have to exert the same effort to receive the same result as white people. For example, a black kid can get into college with a C average while a white kid would need a B+ average, why would the black kid even try to get higher than a C average, it yields the same results in the short run.

16. Ya wanna know what the saddest thing about all of this is, the fact that people fail to realize that the planet Earth is only so big? There's nowhere else for us to go right now. We’re literally stuck here together. I know this may sound a little foolish but I think it behooves us to cooperate to enrich all of our lives as a unit. We face nothing less than a universe.

(Loaded) Sometimes people fall pray to stereotypes because they're easier to define while a deeper assessment of the people we prejudge goes ignored.

(Locked) The Civil Rights movement was an important first step, but it was just that, a step. People still have a few miles to travel before they can get along. Please, let’s not let a superficial understanding of each other keep us apart.

(Launched) It's far easier to look at statistics than it is to look at a man's heart, and truly realize he's everything you are, he's just dressed up in a different skin. The hardest part of race relations is the giving a shit enough to want to communicate with someone that's different than you are.

The fact that we can be having this dialogue on GrassCity, knowing that we have "black" members seems somewhat intimidating, insensitive, and aggressive. Who knows, maybe I'm just making a whole lot outta nothing?

Yeah, uh huh - dot - dot - dot word.

Peace.

17. like the song goes...
    money money money, in a rich white fat cat fascist capitalist american world, bum bum.

newsflash, the rest of the world isnt like that. :) i'm very very happy to say.

SO STOP EXPORTING IT!

:D

18. Its always been my humble opinion that certain races rely totally if not completely on emotion to make decisions as opposed to actual cognitive thinking and reason (i.e. realizing how to treat people)

lol, thats about as politically correct as I can try to word that

19. Same thing has happened to me, twice. I live in a violent city and have been mugged or attempted a total of 6 times, 2 of which not even 100 feet from my house. Everytime it was a black person (not the same person though, hehe).

That aside I just remember that it doesn't mean I should fear every black person out on the street, I know for a fact there is white people robbing people and so forth so even in the postion I find my self in I still do not have the right to make generalizations. In my town however, the reality is black people rob more than white people, point being is that there are gangs, real ones, around 5 miles down the road and they are all if not a incredibly majority black. Thats the reality of it. Im not saying thats how it is everywhere but in my town thats what it is.

Also I don't get how discrimination plays a role, though I am a white person and perhaps I don't know anything but the surface of things. Black people I went with through school had the same, if not better, opprotunities I had. Being grown up and at the job I know there isn't discrimination in the work force, there is VERY strict laws against any forms of discrimination (one being the 4/5ths rule, "quotas" though we don't like to use that term in the HR department).

The truth is many employeers (defiently the one I have worked for in the past) want to have miniority workers, thats what they are after. If there was a choice between a white person and a black person and they are both equally skilled the black guy is going to get hired hands down. Another would be the same scenario but the white person being much more qualified for the job, the black person would still be hired. The law literally is saying "Sorry bud, even though you are more qualified this other guy is a miniority so we are going to take him due to there are too many white people."

That's how it is in my workforce atleast (which is very high industrial/technical so these aren't kiddy companies, these are real corporations that need everyone to work and be skilled, no odds out.)

We won't need these kinda thing until we either all turn color blind and only see grey, or we keep screwing each other until we are all one color. Funny how civilized we humans claim we are but we aren't able to hold back making distinctions on such a unimportant topic such as color, while dogs and animals don't make such distinctions. I don't think we're as advanced as a culture as we think we are if we have to make such subtle distinctions even in a color blind society such as the work force or school.

20. ive always thought how can it be racism if theres only one race(human race) shouldn't it be called ethnicism?