Racist boss.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Skunky Monkey, Jun 26, 2011.

1. OK there is a young black kid that works at the same place as me he is about 19 and has very low confidence and my boss is always making sly racist comments what should i do, i know it's kinda his problem but he seems to have very low confidence so i feel i must do something about this, any suggestions.

2. Stand up for him man.

3. If he wants the job he'll put up with the bullshit.

4. I don't know much that you can say to your boss cause that's risky. Your boss may listen but he may turn on you instead for all we know. Help out the kid though by talk to him and trying to help him gain confidence. It does help to also have someone you can get along with at work when it comes to raising confidence.

5. OK so im going to ask him if he notices it, he looks very offended after , so i have to do something, could anyone think of a way i could catch him red handed and report him or kick his ass or something. What do you think i should do Blades

6. If you decide to report him, make sure you have evidence to support your claim.

btw OP, can you give us an example of "sly racist comments"?

7. yeah we all want to hear some new black jokes, come on OP give us the details

8. OK he said to him could you take all this stuff to the back im sure you dont mind hard labour you would make a good slave.

He was talking to someone about there family tree and he called him over and said im sure you have a very intresting ansestors ,

Another one he said oh speaking of family trees i heard this joke he said i have a black person in my family tree just like you but he's been hanging there for a while, as in hung like killed and then he started laughing.

It infruriates me :mad: what should i do how can i catch him at it , and how can i do it so he cant denie it.

9. This is racial desscrimination not black jokes , but he sometimes does that to , and black jokes are sick and not very funny

10. thats fucked up.start making white jokes about the boss

11. Wow. Why the fuck would the black dude put up with that shit, i would've kicked his ass after the first stupid fucking comment he made.

12. Haha yeh :D

13. Well....we live in the digital age where everything can't be kept a secret anymore i.e. cell phone cameras. Of coarse, I'd talk to your friend first before doing all this. Like prev post, your putting you and your friend's job in jeopardy. So I think you'll have to choose whats more important, your job or putting a unfunny racist in his place? Of coarse after you've gotten the evidence, you should have a talk with him before you report him. Who knows he might stop?

14. Using coercion and possibly blackmail on your boss is not the way to handle racist remarks in the workplace.

15. lol dont loose your job over it. and if this was my post. everyone would be saying. keep your nose out of it. its not your buisness.

16. wtf thats not sly lol....thats just fucked up. i would probably start some shit with him, but i'd make sure i had a new job lined up first.

17. I had his number so i called him and he is on anti deppresents , at first he sorta pretended not to care but then he eventualy told me he is going through a hard time and this it starting to be a problem for him , so i was wandering how can we catch my boss at it without him saying i didn't mean it to be racist or some shit.

18. #18 8bitjoint, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
    When I meant talking to him, I didn't mean blackmail him. I meant to talk about his behavior in a civilized way and tell him stop. If the problem doesn't stop, the proof would be sent to superiors.

Also, If you think its not the right way to handle it, we would love to hear how you would handle it.(not sarcasm btw)

Edit: You could always find another job. Just make sure you're professional at all times.

19. Yes i could find another job but it would be better to resulve this and help the kid , or help the kid find a new job

20. Or tell the kid to tell the boss that the racist jokes are getting to him and more than likely the boss will stop. Mission accomplished.

Don't try to black mail your boss and report him. He just thinks he's being funny in his head, and apparently it isn't funny to you guys. If the boss doesn't stop, well don't get butt hurt, it's just words.