Racism?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jia-light, Feb 10, 2009.

1. #101 bronco, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    White people are the most diverse race on the planet. And I am so fucking sick of hearing how good I've had it being white, like my ancestors were KKK members or some shit. I am Irish-Hungarian. My Hungarian ancestors were Jews. Guess what? My ancestors were driven from their homelands too, just like minorities. The Irish ones had to leave because of the potato famine, and when they came to the good 'ol USA, they were one of the most discriminated ethnic groups IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATION. My Jewish ancestors? They lived in Budapest, Hungary, but thankfully saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out of there about 10 years before WWII. All of their freinds who remained there were fucking MURDERED in Nazi death camps like Aushwitz. And when they came to this country, they had to hide their Jewish heritage and become Christians, so they could get jobs. And yet I'm still treated like I come from a line of fucking slave owners or some shit. Fuck racism.

2. You are?? Racism against Irish and anti-Semitism are still issues in the U.S. but the whole thing about "stop crucifying me for for being white" is overblown in my opinion.

3. #103 bronco, Feb 11, 2009

I'll admit it doesnt happen day to day, but I hate the fact that if I walk through Lawrence late at night, any black, hispanic, or asian (yes there are ghetto asians) will see me as a privelidged white boy. And will probably call me whitey or a variation of that. Fucking stupid shit pisses me off, you don't go around calling black people darkies.

And my point was that just because I'm white doesn't mean I don't have to deal with ethnic stereotypes, and not just white ones. Who doesn't recognize the drunken Irishmen stereotype or the cheap Jew? But all people see is my white skin, so in class I get lectured on "my peoples" privelidge, like all white people come from Whiteyland or some shit.

4. Some people do. I think you're exaggerating by saying any black person, but I get your point. There's a lot of reactionary racism that comes back at us, and it sucks. But responding with more hate worsens the cycle, and hopefully in time the 'reactionary racism' will vanish.

5. #105 pocket biscuits, Feb 11, 2009
    all this race-card bullshit is just the 21st century's version of racism. i'll be glad when everyone realizes all people suck, not one particular group.
    I'm prejudiced as hell, but racist, no. Racism is not liking someone just for what they are. Being prejudice is just looking at someone externally, and making pre-judgements about them; which can include racism, but not in my case. I just assume that if you're trying to act like 50 cent, you're a ******. If you blaring Sweet Home Alabama and have a confederate flag with a sign your pickup truck saying "God hates ******s kikes and fags," you're a typical dumbfuck piece of trailerite trash.
    If I see you waving around a bible or quran trying to keep conservative laws, I assume you're an uninformed religious nutcase that deserves a place in your respective hell.
    If I see you acting like a decent human being with these long lost things called manners, I'm gonna walk past you giving the "what's up nod" and continue on my day.
    Black, Hispanic, and all the other cultural months are doing nothing but furthering some version of racism, whether it be race cards, actual racism, or whatever. Honestly, I couldn't give half a shit if there was a "caucasian history month." I wish there was just a year, in which we studied history. Special months are fucking stupid.
    Call me a racist.
    And why is n i g g e r censored? it IS only a word. You have to let something offend you to be offended.

6. Well if you're in school you do actually, believe it or not, study history. But schools teach predominantly white history, which is why its important to have a month where schools must take an alternative look. I wish it was just a curriculum where all perspectives were combined, but this will not happen so easily.

7. yeah. white history all year round, except february. how about, world history all year round. all people's history.

8. asians, man

just pointing that out continue with the discussion.

9. I completly under stand man. I want (WET) White Entertainment Television. But if sum one started one of thoes it would get shut down

10. man this racism thread has gone on for so long now. woooowoowow.

11. #111 ClicheGuevara, Feb 11, 2009
    Stupidest point, I hear it all the time. Understand that 90% of your channels are WET please.

Edit: vvv blazedandcrazed speaks the truth.

12. #112 blazedandcrazed, Feb 11, 2009
    this is what drives me crazy. every channel that isnt specific to a race is white entertainment. why the fuck are you complaining?

what would you put on this WET? seinfeld, family guy, king of queens followed by some vince vaughn and/or ben stiller movie. hmmm sounds like tbs....

13. #113 bronco, Feb 11, 2009

Not really. Sure, mainland Chinese look a little different than Pacific Islanders, but compare a Spaniard to a Russian and you'll see what I mean. Whites have the largest diversity in hair color, skin color, body type, etc....

Schools don't teach "white history". They teach about the most influential AMERICANS. The majority of which happen to be white. That doesn't make it "white history", it makes it American history.

I didn't mean to say any. But the majority of people you meet in places like Lawrence, MA, who are not white, would be like that.

14. Racism is a great topic that me and my buddy talk about. He is Black, and I am White. Both from rough citys, and had similar experiences in life.

I believe that racism is still a hot issue, meaning different races are prefered first.

A buddy told me that in a USA Today paper, there were topics of how Major bank companies are hiring Illegal Aliens to work in management, starting at $90,000 a year or so.

People need to stop with the White VS Black crap, its old.

Yes, Blacks were slaves, for so many years, but there was worse things done to other races too. Indians were Slayed and plauged for land. Jews were burned and poisoned for their belief.

Many Fathers,Brothers,Uncles and Grandfathers, Died in that war to free black people. You dont hear about that much?.

We have a bigger problem in the American Public. Illegal Aliens. Be it Mexican,Iraqi,Asian or Canadian. We have so many Illegal Aliens working for no taxes in our country, its sad.

Racism is a played out joke, we are all the same underneath, we all Bleed Red and Cry Tears.

15. I don't know, if there was no black history month, I wouldn't be surprised if most school overlooked things like the harlem renascence. A highschool US history class may look at economic strife during the reconstruction era, but only look at it through a anglo-christian lens. There are too many biases in history books to name really. And thats with all the politically correct updates that they've had in the last 30-40 years.

16. Dude....nah. The last history class I ever took was World Religions and Cultures. We focused just as much on American culture as we did on African or South American culture. Black history month is a joke, ask any kid about 5 influential black people who aren't musicians or athletes and you'll most likely hear:

1. MLK
    2. Barak Obama (Not black, but whatev)
    3. Rosa Parks
    4. .....Jesse Jackson?
    5. ...........?

It's not the black community's fault, but black history month really teaches nothing.

17. i think we should dump the eagle as our national bird,,,,

AND GO WITH THE CHICKEN AS OUR BIRD,,,<-----------yo_.:cool:

18. I can't believe this thread is still going, i posted it like 6 hours ago!

I just wanna add this.

I think chineese people look so wierd and they have funny accents but damn chineese roast duck IS.THE.SHIT.

props on the chineese for their delicious fucking ducks.

I would also like to shout out to fried rice.. whatr' doing bro?

19. I'm loling

I wanna give a shout out to my boy, egg drop soup! what up homieeee?!

20. WTF? You assholes left out my main ni***, General Tso....