Racism?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jia-light, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Oh i wasn't saying that having a cultural month is racists, i was just curious why there isn't a white history month. this thread has pretty much switched from the original topic to just racism in general though.

2. No, it's in the right forum.

3. seriously...word

4. yea i know its in the right forum, that was a mistake, i though i found this thread in rec. smokers. but its actually in general. so yea i know its a mistake.

5. my bad dude at first a thought you were calling the guy a fuck :eek:

6. Racism is always going to exist until the world becomes one race.

I'm not talking black/white hate in America. I'm talking way more general. Racism exists because people who don't take the time to learn about other cultures fear what they can't understand. Fear leads to hate, and so on.

Most efforts to end racism thus far have only worsened the problem, in my opinion.

7. The reason there isn't a white history month, is because as Stoner_Lukas pointed out we have 12 months of white history months. Every history class in every school in America from Kindergarten to 12th grade is "white" history.

8. I didn't applaud people being racist. if im thinking of the post your refering to i said that theres just some people out there who piss me off.

Just to clear things up with you. i am not racist based on skin color i am racist towards people with bad attitudes like YOU.

SON!

9. this thread is going to be sooooo huge.

10. Its all good no harm done.

11. everything you just mentioned is american history pretty much.

although i agree with the OP, there shouldnt be dedicated history months, especially when its getting harder and harder each year to have the st patricks day parade where people just get hammered, but all the other festivals where people get stabbed, robbed, and shot would never even be questioned about being taken away. (and dont tell me its bullshit my dads a cop, he works the details, i know what goes on)

i feel like its like this, black history month is in essence african american history month. the antithesis of that is white history month. blakc history month is about rosa parks and all that shit, white history month should celebrate great white americans, such as abraham lincoln and people like that. not all whites in the planet and stuff.

whatever, this debate has been going on for years, and its going to continue going on till the end of time.

12. Said like NAS himself

13. No bad attitude, just extreme disgust for racists and racist sentiments. If it came across as bad attitude, I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for racists or racist causes.

And you can't be racist toward attitude, since attitude has nothing to do with manmade "race."

Truce, fellow? This fight it stupid, racists are stupid, and this is just putting more negative vibes out there.

14. I agree with this aswell "white history month should celebrate great white americans, such as abraham lincoln and people like that. not all whites in the planet and stuff."

15. damn this thread is blowing up..

controversy is awesome!!!!1!!1one

16. word, im so high right now i dont even have the energy to fight about something this dumb. lol
    word up.:wave:

17. Yes, word, word up, indeed.

18. im wondering would a white person really care so much to have a month about great white americans? i mean, white ppl were the ones who basically started this country, isnt that enough credit? im not saying its not a good idea, but idk do you really care that much about it. like i said earlier im mexican and dont even care about my race month, i dont even know when it is.

19. As long as there is a human nature for one person to differentiate themselves from another person... racism will exist. But racism is nothing more than a TYPE of a bigger picture (discrimination), just one of the most popular.

20. Wait are you from the 505?