racism in europe..??

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by I~Rok~Donks, May 29, 2010.

1. heres a video on racism towards soccer players in Europe...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-nnFY9g]YouTube - European Racism[/ame]

how do the european blades see this..??

do you guys see this or are they exaggerating..??

let's discuss...

2. I dunno man, I live in the Netherlands and mostly see games between national clubs. It rarely happens here, and there's heavy penalties waiting for people who do use racial slurs. I have no idea how it is in other European countries though.

3. Shitload of racism in football, always has been, always will be. Especially in France and Italy, and several eastern european countries like Poland, Serbia, etc.

And they aren't exaggerating.

4. pretty interesting. ive never really given a thought about racism across the pond.

5. yea i was in Europe over the summer (UK, Italy) and personally experienced racism... and my family members over there just took it like it wasn't a big deal which shocked me....

some of the things people were doing just aggravated me...

sad really how it isn't a big deal over there...

but the trip definitely changed my perception on Europe... not in a good way

6. nobody wanna discuss..??

7. What's the discussion your expecting.

There's racism everywhere and am surprised you were surprised to encounter any in Europe. I live in London and have never experienced racism here, probably because I live in an area which is basically exclusively black, all my friends are basically black. I've only experienced racism when I've gone to the north or abroad to visit family in France.

8. i honestly never heard of racism in europe until i got there people don't talk about it over here... so i was trying to have a discussion as to why do you think things are like that..

that way people could read it and become aware...

cause honestly the blatant racism i experienced in Europe was really a shocking if i wasn't with family or if i was treated like that here in the U.S. i would have gotten in a lot of fights...

just saying how its crazy and more accepted but yet it seems like it's a bigger deal over here...

9. I'm not surprised......racism is everywhere.

One of my friends told me people in France are racist as shit.

10. As an American I had tons of racism (although American isn't a race) towards me. Everyone gives you dirty looks, thinks your stupid and ignorant, and is incredibly impressed if you show the slightest signs of intelligence or the local language.

But this is kinda everywhere in the world.