racism & basketball ¿

Discussion in 'General' started by ripcapemay93, Nov 25, 2011.

1. this is a short film made by a friend to bring attention to racism today, as well as to highlight some dancing and basketball. It's a tad on the long side but the story will pull you in right away, it's so good its already been nominated for 3 academy awards; not really, but it could be. anyway watch it.

"Rebound" - A Film By Chris Albright - YouTube

2. pretty damn bad

3. the racism in basketball is that it was created by a white guy and stolen by black people

no really but I'll watch it later

maybe

4. shit whenever i used to play i always suffered from racism because i was white. but i let my playing do the talking and by the time i was finished playing for the day, i usuley would gain the respect of many who gave respect.

but you know what? i didnt complain about being a victim. people who bitch never get any respect.

5. [quote name='"letsmokeasweet"'] i usuley would gain the respect of many who gave respect.[/quote]

Wow, I never would have thought that

6. I've always gotten "for a white guy you can sure shoot"

7. yea thats what i was good at was shooting.

8. Im from the hood and I admit that stereotypin does go down...double on the bball court. The good news is if u have skills, you just gained a bunch of new black friends in an enviroment where the majority is black. Unlike the high life, where if a black man comes up and buys a ferrari, the police would beat dat ass for days.

9. Yeah I've always found that you're accepted for how you play.

I mean, at one court I'll play at they call me 'Light' 'cause I'm the only white kid there hahahaha, but since I can hoop, its no problem.

At the y, its the same. As soon as you prove you can hoop, no one gives a shit what color my skin is.