Racism -_-

Discussion in 'General' started by Tokeup2day, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Is anybody else sickened by racism?

2. Not really, no.

I'm a Jew. I've been called all kinds of racial slurs my whole life because of it. I've been beat up because of it. I've learned that, unless I choose to be offended over what these people have to say, the things they say can't hurt me.

So ignore it. People are always going to be stupid.

3. "Jew" is not a race. :wave:

4. I love racism. It's my favorite past-time actually.

5. Nope, it's natural.

Most organisms on this planet do the exact same.

Doesn't mean go out of your way to insult people, just keep it to yourself, and try not passing it to children.

6. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']Not really, no.

I'm a Jew. I've been called all kinds of racial slurs my whole life because of it. I've been beat up because of it. I've learned that, unless I choose to be offended over what these people have to say, the things they say can't hurt me.

So ignore it. People are always going to be stupid.[/quote]

Sure, but sometimes people do more than say things. People are always going to be stupid, and the most extreme cases of that will probably always sicken me.

7. Antisemitism is classified as a form of racism :wave:

Read a sociology book

8. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']Nope, it's natural.

Most organisms on this planet do the exact same.

Doesn't mean go out of your way to insult people, just keep it to yourself, and try not passing it to children.[/quote]

What do you mean most organisms do this? I really don't understand why people are trying to justify racism...god. Will humans ever get it together? Shit.

9. I would say I'm racist.
    I don't hate anyone for the color of their skin but I like stereotypes. And think most of them are true.

I hate when someone will get pissed off and say stereotypes are bullshit then they act in a way that fits them.

10. What race are you?

11. It doesn't come up too often, but when it does I'm like, what is this the 1950's? Come oooooon

12. [quote name='"Jo$h420"']

What race are you?[/quote]

I'm white, but I hate the racism because it's hate for absolutely no reason

13. Technically: "I hate you because you're black" Is a reason

14. Of course. It can always escalate past words...

But so can everything else. You could be stabbed to death at any point from now until your natural death. Are you going to live your life worrying about it? Or are you going to focus on other things?

I've done my fair share of fighting back against racists. In the end, it's just not worth it. They're not going to change their minds and I end up just wasting energy that can be put to other uses.

15. I don't care what a sociology book says about it, "jew" is not a race.

16. And your point is what?

Antisemitism is a form of racism. It's an accepted definition that has been in place for over a century. You don't just get to change definitions around because you don't like them.

So get over it.

17. My point is... "Jew" is not a race.

18. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Of course. It can always escalate past words...

But so can everything else. You could be stabbed to death at any point from now until your natural death. Are you going to live your life worrying about it? Or are you going to focus on other things?

I've done my fair share of fighting back against racists. In the end, it's just not worth it. They're not going to change their minds and I end up just wasting energy that can be put to other uses.[/quote]

Who says anything about living life worried about it? The op said sickened by it, and I am. I always will be, and would never want otherwise.

19. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

My point is... "Jew" is not a race.[/quote]

He never said otherwise. Nor did anyone else. He said it's racism, which it seems under the modern definition he proved.

20. yeah, "jewish" isn't a race

Most of the people from poland are jewish, and most polish people look... well... polish.

If you look polish, people will assume you are jewish.

"I hate jews and their big noses" No, you hate poles and their big noses.