Racial Makeup of Grasscity.

Discussion in 'General' started by Emo Steve, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Everybody that is saying "I see people, not color" or anything along those lines - that's bullshit, sorry. Everybody is different and unique in their own way and the way that we look/appear/act is what makes us, US. The dude that started this thread wasn't trying to start a race war, he was just wondering what everyone is and there isn't anything wrong with that. It's never a bad thing to know where you come from.

2. yes, I've been to germany, twice, About all of the ones I mentioned were nations my ancesters are from, whats wrong with saying that? That kind of is the point of this thread, say what your race is anc feel free to go into detail about it.

no need to get snippy

3. What you are parroting is what's called Scientific Racism... which in modern society and in the modern scientific world is laughable to say the least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

As of 1999, 69% of Physical Anthropologists would disagree with the assertion that there is a biological difference between different races... 80% of Cultural Anthropologists disagree.

I think this whole forum could learn a great deal by reading this page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race

Now, if you can comprehend all those English words... then it would obviously stand to great reason that dividing ourselves by nationality is all but absurd.

Oh, and XPiperX, you're wrong. And a bit rude.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle_cell_anemia

4. im not fluent dawg but i know my spanglish and i understand enough...in LA you need to know at least the basic or you starve lol...all the fast food places you pretty much order in spanish or your get the wrong order lmao sad but true.

5. i believe we should explore this even deeper.

Celtic Caucasian (spanish, north british, france)
    Greco-Roman (italian, south balkan)
    Germanic Caucasian (Germany, scandanavia, east french, north italian)
    Slavic Caucasian (west and north russia, polish, northern balkans)
    Turkic (Western central asian steppes, east balkans, and asia minor [turkey])
    Mongol (North chinese, southeast russian)
    South East oriental (Sri Lankan, Tibetan)
    Indic (Indian, west china)
    Oriental (Central Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
    Nubian Black North african)
    Bantu Black (central african)
    Arab (saudi arabia, Iran, Yemen, Azerbaijan)
    South African Black (zulu and other tribes of the area)
    Island Native (easter island, Caribbean native tribes)
    Native North American (tribes of the plains)
    Native South American (mesoamerican tribes)
    North american mix (a gene pool of everything, mostly greco-roman, germanic and celtic)
    South American Mix (South american natives, spanish celts )
    European Mix (germanic, greco-roman, slavic, celtic)

seriously, i can't vote for such general options

6. I'm white.
    i'm like 40% dutch-30%german. the other 30% is loads of other races

7. i see race, but it's like a shirt that the person is wearing, it makes no difference to me.

8. Look, I'm not gonna really talk about why a lot of people of african descent are taller than people of european, or why scandinavian countries seem to have a lot of blondes, or why some people think asians have a smaller....feet.

I just wanna add to this mess by saying clearly people that have black skin have at least ONE different gene than people with pale (or white) skin. Just like how people with blue eyes have a different gene than those with brown eyes (lol brown eye).

I'm not saying that people with average asian characteristics are a different species than those with european characteristics. But you can't deny that they obviously have some genetic variations that alter their physical apperance in some way. Be it dark skin, light skin, red hair, blonde hair, whatever.

Yeah um I hope my rant was at all relevant

9. This is kinda cool, i was wondering this some thign to to. I am white.

10. You guys get caught up in semantics too much... probably as an only resort to make a point.

Maybe I shouldn't have used genetic difference, but rather intellectual difference... I would love any of you grand thinkers to explain to me how skin pigmentation, melanin content, eye color, bone structure, or hair color is going to have any affect on a person's ability to appreciate art, comprehend language history and science, think logically and abstractly, empathize and co-exist in human society. Could someone explain that to me?

Could someone give me any decent reason for have racial divisions?

11. POLSKI!

Polish baby!

:hello:

12. No, I do not think anyone can. ;)

I would +rep ya if I could.

13. When you say "you guys" I hope you're not grouping us together and judging us, I hate when people do that.

Why am I being attacked exactly? I made no claim about superiority of races. :confused: No need to......dare I say, troll ?

What I was trying to say above is that we shouldn't ignore what race we are, but not let others judge us by it either. Being light skinned should be the same as having brown hair, you're born with it, your parents probably had it, its in your genes. OK?

14. dude you forgot the irish

EDIT:well i see celtic in there maybe that stands for the irish

15. Well, when I said "you guys" I was in one sense talking about this forum's general ability to get caught up in semantics rather than ideologies, and in another more literal sense in that both you and Chaohinion jumped on the word genetics with your illogical ramblings about melanin content, skin pigmentation, hair color, and whatever arbitrary means of separation we can come up with based on "genetics." When taking into account how genetically dissimilar different organisms on this planet can be... it's not a ridiculous assertion to say that human beings are all intellectually genetically the same.

I did not really "attack" you. I made a comment on how I think you avoided my point by focusing in on semantics and then asked you or anyone else to explain how this type of discussion is productive.

16. im a pasty white boy.!!!!!

....[​IMG] <INPUT id=chk_12 onclick=objThumbview.handleImageCheck(event); type=checkbox value=8b48376f.jpg name=selectedmedia[]> word.:devious:

17. im half white, half baked...

im all white really...canadian (ive always wondered...what before canada?), and half irish...or something like that...however i do like fine beers and buds...

18. ugh, after this post I'm dropping this all together, because I'M NOT ARGUING WITH YOU!!

I understood your point, and all I did was add a simple point to what you said. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. All I said is its just another part of being an individual. You can be black, white, asian, it doesn't matter. You can have blonde hair, red hair, grey hair, IT DOESN'T MATTER!

I didn't quote you the first time in my post to attack what you were saying, I agree with it completely. In the old days of backward medicine, people thought that africans were naturally less intelligent than whites, I don't subscribe to that belief at all. All I said is that we cannot get carried away and say that people from europe have the exact makeup genetic as people from asia. They are incredibly close, but they do have some trademark differences.

sorry if it seemed like I am a racist bigot, that wasnt my thought at all.

19. Race pisses me off.

Blacks are gang bangers.

Whites are bill gates.

Mexicans are salsa dancers.

Asians are computer geeks.

Arabs are terrosits.

Fuck all that shit.

Fucka race.

Im sick of it.

Im purple.