Racial Disparities Exist. Why?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WeedOrchard, Jun 21, 2020.

1. I agree. I was in a diversity meeting for an internship I was doing for an educational program. The topic came up of racism and that oppressed groups can't be racist. I argued anyone could be racist, which got me some backlash and a lot of academic jargon was thrown at me. I was told the Webster dictionary definition of racism was wrong because it was a written by racist white society but then talking points from sociology classes were brought up (so Webster dictionary is a part of the racist system but our higher education system isn't apparently).

Anyways, I was told that no oppressed person can be racist (ie black or latino) and only those of the dominant culture can be. My argument against this was that even though race is a social construct created to oppress certain groups, that does not mean those same groups cannot practice the said social construct (racism). I compared it to stealing, which is a social construct, and said that if someone poorer than me takes something from me it will be considered stealing even though poor people are oppressed by rich people. There was no argument towards that, but still black people can't be racist, and she showed a video of a stand up comedians routine about it like it was an outright fact because it was funny.

Anyways, I don't know if anyone was ready for me to question what was being said and the presenter fumbled around with really juvenile theory and was really awkward. Problem with this whole movement is that a lot of the ideas are snip-its from social media and people aren't forced to do much critical thinking or consider any arguments or they're led to believe that it is okay to disregard other people's opinions based on really superficial judgements.
    I consider myself really liberal and was an outright anarchist when I was younger. The left is doing such a bad job at convincing people of their ideas and being sympathetic to other opinions that it is going to continue to push good people to the right, like some of my friends. It's sad really to see good people with pure intentions do such a piss poor job of presenting their ideas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. This guy clearly either "drank the Kool-Aid" they were passing around or he is legit sitting back laughing at how he's twisting everything to spark. Like a high school debate team... you don't have to believe what you're saying, you just have to argue the point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I heard someone use the term "reverse racism" the other day and I lost my ! Haha. Started explaining the very use of the term "reverse racism" was racist as shit. It implies only white people are racist. There is NO SUCH THING AS REVERSE RACISM. It's just racism, no matter who is victimizing whom.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Can I ask why black people aren't allowed to use the internet for educational purposes?
    Has the white man made that illegal for them?
    I've doubled my wages since I googled "how to make more money uk " .
    Since I managed that and put a propper graft in, I've now (as of 4 days ago) officially saved up enough to take a fortnight off soon and go retrain to double it again.
    Be getting £720-£1240 per 40-52hour week once I'm qualified.(just worked that out properly woohoo) The last 10-12 hours will net me £500.
    Wasn't hard. All it took was a little motivation, the internet and a spare £3000.

How come black people can't do this?
    Why can't they just hit Google and learn how to work themselves out of poverty?
    What's stopping them?
    Is there no internet where they live?
    Have the govornment introduced dna scanners on all computers and only letting white people use them?
    Do black people only read in hyrogliphics which you can't get keyboards for?
    Like seriously. How can anyone other than ones self be responsible for their own income?
    With the entire wealth of the world's knowledge at everyone's fingertips, literally in our pockets. How is it possible that an entire race of people cannot access this Technology?

People are literally becomming millionaires for eating bowls of cheesy pasta these days.
    That black guy I showed made a million by wearing a silly hat and pretending to be Scottish (he's actually quite accurate for a lot of places lol)
    Can get paid for doing just about anything these days.
    I've made 300 quid a shift for shovelling shit. Literally shovelling big piles of bird shit into bags.
    Black people too good to shovell shit these days?
    Or do they lack the basic level of intelligence to be able to spend a few hours a week learning something useful so they don't have to.
    Genuine question. Which is it?
    Gotta be one or the other cos the third option is "white man doesn't let them" and I'll swallow a live chainsaw before I swallow that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pretty controversial rant buddy.

Now you're getting into the whole systemic racism thing. Basically the argument would be that their conditions are so horrible due to white oppression that you can't expect minority groups to be able to navigate the white man's system as well as white men because they aren't privileged, like white men and are, in fact, deliberately deterred from being successful by white men. White men like you.

Honestly though a lot of what you just said is pretty controversial.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think you missed it. He's saying the opportunity is there for everyone and a large number of people are CHOOSING not to take it therefore; holding themselves back. A computer or smart phone doesn't know/care what race you are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. So your saying the internet is a white man invention that's racist towards blacks?
    It somehow knows it's a black man on the end and won't let them book in for a training course?
    Employers want the best man for the job. They want whoever's gonna make an the most money.
    The people doing the training don't give a shit what colour the trainees are. They all pay the same cash for same course.
    Skin colour has nout to do with any of it.

Unless there's proof that black people are refused an education? And by refused I mean literally refused. As in they apply for a school. Are willing to pay the required fees and are physically refused for no reason other than being black.
    Bare in mind if there is such a thing as a specifically white only school then that only counts if black only schools don't exist.

8. You need to hit up chiefrunningphist... You two can go find a safe space and be best buds. Your white guilt smells bad on you...

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Oh they do apparently :bang:
    But yes mate. That's exactly my point.
    Could download an app to teach myself Japanese and go jet set the world as a translator if I could be bothered.
    The only thing stopping me from learning Japanese is me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. #170 Sandspur06, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Haha! All black schools and Colleges do exist. Don't get started on the NAACP and the NAAWP. ‍I literally just had to google to see if NAAWP was a thing. But yet, EVERYONE knows about NAACP

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Happy 4th of July everyone. Tinc and fireworks for the rest of the night for me. Try not to hang out in this Rabbit hole too long... might turn into the Madd Hatter. Haha Good night, Great Vibes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Ha! I don't have any white guilt. I was explaining it from the mainstream liberal perspective for him. It's a bullshit argument but I think that is the route that most activist types would go.

• Like Like x 2
  13. That's not what I am saying. It is what someone who would argue that systemic racism is the reason that black people don't utilize opportunities that he was talking about. I was explaining from a mainstream PC activist point of view. Should have made it more clear that it isn't my point of view it's just a point of view I am very aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I know. Everyone took my post the wrong way. I was explaining it from a PC activist type of person point of view. I think black people do utilize resources and seek out opportunities, not all of them but not all whites do either. Anyways, it wasn't clear that I was being kind of sarcastic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The joys of trying to define tone in text lol. Happens to me all the time too. All good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had no idea about iether mate. Quick flick on Google though and mind blown.
    Same thing though if you ask me.

17. It makes me sad when members I respect prove to have feet of clay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. It makes me sad when members I respect advocate public policy based on race because of misplaced guilt and ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Well stated post, and I completely agree with the final message here.

I'm firmly on the left myself, but I wouldn't vote left in the current American climate - they are no longer the good guys. What they are doing now, I think, is not only souring a lot of people to what is at its base a good cause - but I think they are directly creating more race-conscious people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Upon reflection, I'd like to apologize to those I disagree with for the tone and tenor of my responses. Frustration over the futility of arguing against strongly held beliefs leads at times to cleverly crafted carping that loses point of the subject.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1