races aren't equal

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by chipcago, Oct 30, 2006.

1. something i was thinking about today for a little bit. most of us understand that back in the days, blacks were enslaved simply due to the color of their skin. well now you've got "equality." but there is no equality. the same goes for women's rights. if we're equal, why is a big deal made about a black president, or a woman president? there is black coalitions, where black people discuss their situation. there is BET, black entertainment television. what would they do if we made a white entertainment television? they'd go crazy on us.

it's just interesting, how we're able to call our situation "equality." i truly don't care that african-americans and latinos have coalitions, but to lie and say that it is equal, is wrong.

to avoid being called "racist" or something like that, i'm just gonna tell ya right now that i'm not racist. i am able to find many examples of racial stereotypes, but i don't hate on races, i just too easily focus on stereotypes of races.

so peace, guys. thoughts are always welcome.

2. All I can say is that I hear you. Everything you said. That doesn't make us rascist, just aware and not ignorant to the differences.

3. In a way that means NO offense to you or what you said...."DUH!"...Yeah it is really funny that we call our situation "equality" because it's not. You dont have to look hard to find it, its everywhere, all the time. To drive the point, look at white and black people, plenty of whites say there not racist and they really arent "racist" but they do feel like they are better than black people or anybody that isnt white. And whats more is people who says they arent racist that really arent racist still feel like they are better than black people on a subconscious level if anything.

I myself realize that racial profiling isnt needed and am not in any way racist but can sometimes catch myself judging something/someone from a bullshit racial stereotype.

It's a really sad situation and to really overcome this obstacle I think humanity will have to have a major enlightenment.

Sorry if this is jumbled and unorganized, because it is...Im tired, a lil stoned still and about to crash. Gnight GC. :)

4. Yeah. thanks guys for your feedback.

It's also interesting to see that a lot of races are actually... Racist towards whites. I recall a time a long long while ago when I was threatened to get jumped by a guy and this is a QUOTE: "because you're white." That set me off into this whole thought.

I feel if the government truly advocated "equality," we'd remove the race section (caucasian, african-american, latino, native american) from the US Census, and standardized tests for school students wouldn't ask for your race. Pride of your background and ancestry differs from this entire concept. It does come down to what color your skin is, not exactly "where you come from." A person of Kenyan descent is "African-American/Black" and a person of Zimbabwean descent is "African-American/Black."

A lot of things also come down to whether you have a penis or a vagina (of course this goes deeper, such as chromosomes) but to the simplest extent, it's your sex organs that make you a different type of person. We make a big deal out of the first woman president, and women aren't allowed on the front lines in military service yadayada- Well we're equal- Women have equal rights, and DAMMIT THEY SHOULD HAVE EQUAL FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY. Women should have to fill out a draft card at 18 and stuff.

rahhh... wow...

Sorry to kind of ramble.

5. The reason things like BET, Black Miss America, NAACP, GLAD(gays and lesbians against defamation) and all other similar institutions exist is because those groups feel that they are needed to ensure that certain types of people are protected against prejudice and the like. They exist to help promote equality.

White Entertainment Television doesn't need to exist because it already does exist in ABC, NBC, FOX, and on and on and on. Count how many white people there are on prime time television and how many non-white people there are. Then, count how many blacks and latinos are portrayed as the bad guy, the drug dealer, the murderer, the thief. etc. BET exists to black america can have a channel to turn to where they are the majority instead of a token presence. It doesn't bother little old white me one bit.

Ask yourself honestly...is there a need for groups that are in favor of promoting the rights and privileges of blacks, latinos, Indigenous Peoples(native americans), women, a homosexuals? Yes, they're misrepresented and underrepresented in the media as well as over looked for jobs and generally hated, feared, or ignored.

Now, straight white people aren't always in positions or power, they're not always rich or intelligent, but it's not too often that they're discriminated against because of the colour of their skin or their sexuality. And I've never had to complain about the lack of straight white people in popular media.

As for firsts, it would be a big deal for there to be a female or black president because it's never happened before. It was also a big deal for Brokeback Mountain to be such a big success because there's never been a mainstream movie the featured gay men in a serious storyline that achieved such popularity. Denzel and Halle were a big deal winning best actor because black people had never done it. Firsts are important. Then, hopefully, they're not a big deal anymore and those barriers are broken. At least, that's how it's supposed to go.

6. there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more similarities than differences. most of the differences are just cultural shifts, and if it werent for the colour of skin, you'd probably be picking up on the differences of other peoples that you could create subdivisions for too.

if a boat gets rocked, expect some wobbles for a time after that.

if another species came to earth, and quite blatantly went and built an island in the middle of the pacific the size of europe, started living there in great numbers, traveling and visiting the rest of the world, with no concern for human presence above any other life, and they had more limbs than we have teeth... would we then forget these differences?

white pride isnt allowed because of white guilt and because, frankly it's setting up divides, ie "racist".
    black pride is allowed because of white guilt and because, frankly it's a form of brotherhood and belonging to ease insecurity. the fact that it is just as much divisionary and racist seems to be ignored, i'd speculate, in the case of america, because the media set's the precedent for the divide already.

and since i'm on a frankly binge...
    frankly, i think any kind of pride is like kicking yourself in the balls. it's sure to hurt only yourself.

7. See, and this is it. Nothing personal or against you of course, but this reiterates my original point that we don't have equality. If we were all equal, you wouldn't have discussed the matter of how there's more a showing of straight whites on TV than there is homosexual persons or persons of a different skin-color. And I understand this, this is how society is taught to view things. And however much it's how I view things, I always do my best to see past this to where a human is simply a human. If a casting director for a local "white" television network wants to cast a black person not as a life-saving police officer, but instead a coke fiend, that's up to the casting director, and I do my best to view this as the casting director's decision, not the decision of the viewers (which it may or may not be.)

therefore it's a lie for society/government to say that "we're equal."

8. So what's your point? These groups and organizations shouldn't exist and prejudice and racism will just go away on their own? We tried that and it didn't work.

All humans were created equal but society doesn't always follow those rules. So, those organizations do their best to ensure that everyone gets the opportunities they deserve and that equality is preserved. Just because racism and prejudice still exist and there are people working against it doesn't mean we're not equal. It just means there are people working to educate the bigoted and the ignorant. What's the problem with that?

9. newsflash.

enforcing equality by reverse discrimination* is "racism" just as much as "racial" hatred.

secondly, we're all the same "race", but further, the word "race" is deceptive (hence my consistent use of quotation marks), and it is closer to truth to point out that we are all one SPECIES.

*reverse discrimination (edit, this was supposed to be just a definition of reverse discrimination, but it slipped into full blown rant)
    is like having token black men. giving the job to someone of some ethnic background becuase of their ethnic background to meet some "equality" quota. this is not equality. it is discrimination, swinging from one end of a pendulum to another. to have "equality" of oppertunity in workplaces etc, one must be colourblind. i'm very pleased to say that myself and the majority of my friends have this colourblindness. i've found myself in a possition where someone was talking about some black guy and i was like "who are you talking about", not realising it was someone i knew but simply hadnt noticed they were black! get my point? further, it may take some of you by surprise to hear this, but ALL children have this, and it is a societal/cultural illness that has been getting imparted on our young that create the distinction. babies don't give a shit what colour of skin we have, babies dont care for "black music awards", babies don't fall for the "equal oppertunities form" where you have to state your ethnic herritage, babies are not polluted with predjudice. everyone, please, take your inner baby off life support, stop suffocating it, and see the worl with better eyes, be innocent in your observation of the world again.

:)

thankyou.

ps, the "races" ARE equal, it is only treatment by some that is the inequality.

10. yeah, i agree with that appart from the last sentence.

NO ONE! NO ONE should have to be in anyways involved with the draft!

it is the sickest thing since.... no wait, there is nothing sicker than that ever!

11. from what I've seen 'n read it's pretty comical

back in the day most black folks (from vids n shit) were typically ingelligent n respectful albeit not all that well spoken while whites were typically loud stupid fucks

back then blacks got the shit end these days whites avoid racsim like crazy making their own mornic prison

so then it was loud stupid whites now it's loud stupid blacks

me thinks loud stupid asians are next lol

12. WHATS GOOD CARLOS MENCIA, I watched that shit last night dude.

13. Yes yes. But in a circumstance where a draft isrequired for males, like-it-or-not, then women should also have this responsibility. I'm not suggesting that I agree with the draft, I'm saying that the responsibility should be equal.

14. I don't think all races are equal, nothing was created equal, its survival of the fittest.

15. So who do you think is the fittest? White people? Black people? East indians? Asians?

What the hell are you talking about?

16. Yeah....

are you saying that because there's differences, like immunization to certain diseases, they're unequal, or that one is superior to the other?

17. Maybe he's just high and his head is somewhere else...I hope.

18. Yeah, I don' know how one race could be superior to another one...?

EXCEPT THE ARYAN RACE SEIG HEIL

Sounds familiar...

19. i'm not even gonna agree with this.

in a circumstance where a draft is required for males, we should all go and fucking attack the bastards who think they should force us all to go fight for their money up in their ivory towers. or at least fucking dodge it.

ars wrote:
    judging by the propaga~ the news, its already happening man! orient next up for the loud and stupid. :D lets get these out of the way so we can have paradise from 2010 onward

:rolleyes: are you seriously saying that meaning a division in the HUMAN RACE (thats a singular)? survival of the fittest is the most misleading partial explanation of evolution ever. it subtly implies so much dog-eat-dog mentality. reality is a loooooong way from that. especially in the age we're moving into.

we should all agree to prevent budder81 from reading mein kampf or any neitsche's work... he might start reading between the lines and think it right to go "clense" the ethnic purity of the world.
    :D

look everyone, i'm gonna say it again... if you see divisions of "race" within humanity, then you are a racist. whether it was something you cultivated yourself (i seriously doubt) or something imparted or implanted by your redneck pappy or the telly, it matters not, that is the definition of racism... you dont even need to be hateful for it to be racism!

lemme put it simple to you, and you can follow this concept for as far as you like....

We, Are, One.

:)

some day, we might all just find out we need a neandertal gene to preserve the species. who's the fittest then?

20. Equality huh?

Instead of looking at there still being racisim among whites, which I agree there still is, whites are also losing equality.

Why is it when a white kills a black man, it's a hate crime? If a black man were to kill a white, it's just murder. Why is it a bunch of years back in New York when a jewish man was driving his car and a little african american child ran out in the street and was hit and killed that the african americans rioted, and killed him and nother was ever done? You know that if it was reverse races that nothing would be done. You make one off remark and your white, you are a racist. You make one off remark and your black you are an activist. Why is it that people of ethnic minority are guaranteed spaces at universities because of affirative action when thost spaces could have gone to whites with better grades and scores. All racial check boxes on anything should be removed. People should be considered for their performance, not their race.

Also, why do men have to fill out draft cards and women don't? Why do men still have to hold the door for women and if we don't we're considered rude. You want equality, hold your own door. We have to contain our language and behaviors in the presence of women. We pay for the meals on dates, we pay for the movie tickets.

Also, how mahy times have you seen in the news that when a man gets hired instead of a woman, all of a sudden there is a lawsuit because of sexual discrimination? That doesn't happen when a woman is hired over a man. People should be hired for their qualifications and bosses shouldn't have to be worried about gettin sued.

Now I'm not a racist, or a sexist. I have many friends of different ethnicities, and many friends that are women, but I don't believe there is equality. I believe the racism has shifted.