Race Wars

Discussion in 'General' started by NickM420, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Wierd topic, and I couldn't find anywhere else to post it.

There have been some gang and race "wars" at my school.

For a while it was the crips vs bloods.

Now a big revolution has started between the Mexicans, and the Blacks. They are all out on each other. Everyday fighting. Before school, during lunch, after school. Police have been at my school countless times and often just stay full days at my school. I am white. I don't really side with anybody, but if I had to choose I would go with the mexicans. They sell some good mexico weed, and I have a few mexican buddies.

What are your views on race wars? on whats going on at my school?

2. My view on race wars are stupid. We all are the same, just different backgrounds.

IMO for you bro, lay low. Be chill with everyone but don't go out of your way for anyone involved in that. You don't want to get hurt.

3. What ever happened to peace, acceptance, and tolerance?

4. I am pretty chill with both sides. Buy weed from the mexicans, go to anger management classes with some of the black guys, (Required for my probation). It is something that i find disappointing. Talking things out is no longer an option for any sort of conflict these days. Everybody has to yell, punch, shove, hit, scream, bang on things. It's just getting ridiculous.

5. Anyone who hasn't seen American History X should go out and see it. That is hands-down the best comment on racism out there.

For the short version, this quote from the movie does it:

"There was a moment... when I used to blame everything and everyone... for all the pain and suffering and vile things that happened to me, that I saw happen to my people. Used to blame everybody. Blamed white people, blamed society, blamed God. I didn't get no answers 'cause I was asking the wrong questions. You have to ask the right questions."

"Like what?"

"Has anything you've done made your life better?"

That's the best question to ask. Does fighting someone because of their race ever make your life better? If you're not improving yourself, then you're not going anywhere.

6. uh the good ole us of a? i went my entire time through highschool only seeing one real fight... that shits fucked man, there were no gangs or any of that shit everyone pretty much got along.

7. just ignore it... itll go away eventually