Raccoons: I need creative methods of capture

Discussion in 'General' started by Revrend Toke, Mar 1, 2010.

1. #1 Revrend Toke, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
    I would appreciate any methods you have to share or ideas for catching raccoons. I am on a mission of vengeance against these little fuckers. I already am aware of the water barrel method and the Hole/nails method. Those humane home depot traps are not an option as they are ineffective and costly. I am looking for any method that captures the animal alive, but it doesnt have to be nice

2. why u hate raccoons man?

3. They have killed two of my beloved pets, and I really do not want these animals around my home.

4. The raccoon's natural predators include cougars, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, wolves, great horned owls, water moccasins, bears, mountain lions, and fishers.

Find one, take it to your raccoon family.

5. I guess I will be getting a cougar to replace my ducks...

6. I vote minefield

7. Get a .22

They really aren't loud...it could easily be mistaken for a shed door slamming shut.

8. I have used that method however a 22 requires me to be there and I dont feel like staying up all night hunting

9. Cage traps bruh. Or snares if theyre legal in FL. Good luck.

10. Put a trip mine in your garbage can. Little fuckers won't know what hit em...

11. bullet to the knee. i hate racoons too. dont get me wrong, i like animals but i would not hesitate to kill one given the oppurtunity:hello:

12. Eh..I guess if hunting isn't your thing then you can try poison.

Put out a large bowl of dog food / scraps. Raccoons love dog food and trash. Mix some broken glass (finely ground) into the food. It should scrape the coons insides up nice n good..

13. Nahh Hunting is my thing, I don't pass up the opportunity if I see one but i cant sit out there all night.
    And poison isn't an option. I'm strictly targeting raccoons here and no other wildlife.

14. You could try snares. Or rig something that lets things in but not out.

15. Hey, woah woah hey. What happened to capturing them alive?

I'm sure if you explain the situation to your local animal shelter, they'd be happy to help solve the problem. They might even have a few live traps you could borrow, so you wouldn't have to spend the money on ensuring their survival. :D

16. #18 Diceman, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010

Ok then it's gonna get expensive..you either need raccoon only traps (no clue what the fuck those are)

Or pay for a guy to come out. Even still..unless the coons are in your house at the time..I doubt your gonna get rid of them. Not as long as you have restrictions like "only the coons..no other animals" or.."I'm not gonna sit and wait".

If you wanna be specific..you gotta put in effort to only get the coon. If you want it to be easy..there may be casualties. A few small rodents..nothing big. Most hunters would understand that..

Good luck getting this coon in the clean cut fashion your expecting :smoke:

When it comes to dirty work like getting rid of un-wanted animals..let someone who can handle it come out and take care of the problem. Not everyone's cut out for this kinda stuff..

Speaking of which...I got a squirrel (or a few) in my attic who are causin problems..I noticed a bunch of insulation in my front yard this morning. The squirrels I've been tolerating in my attic have decided to push some of my insulation out..so now they're a problem..that I'm gonna solve.

See..simple as that..

17. Lol, everyone calling them raccoons, coons.

18. just go buy a live trap like the guy above posted, they are very effective, one you got the coon in it you can choose to do what ever you want to it, shot it in the cage, let it out and then shoot it, re-located it and dont shoot it, or just let it out in a cage with a mean dog and watch the battle royal unfold before you eyes.....only like $30