Rabbit Poo!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Edmond Dantès, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Good lookin setup bro, wire botoom is the way to go no question about it. I have been breeding meat rabbits for the last year and loving it. I would recomend braising the first one you eat, thats what I did for my wife and kids and they were suckin the meat off the bones. I am expecting a litter in the next few days, hopefully they live through this cold weather we're having.

2. Thank you!, Yeah i cant wait for that meat my does will birth in the next 2 weeks and than its only a few months of fating them up till i throw the BBQ sauce on em lol

..I could use the really high protein levels

3. well my girls grandma has a barn full of rabbits and alfalfa field out back

might look into this

4. Hmm... Alfalfa field! hey man thats awesome free rabbit food.. but it also makes a great amendment and foliar spray tea
    You could pick some of that great green fertilizer for your use in the grow room not just for rabbits ^_^ :smoking:

5. yes =] i know this i grow organically most of the time

:D

its great to mix into the soil mix

my rabbit as well loves it

6. Id love to get into rabbits. Their manure is SOOO beneficial. I just cant see myself killing them off to eat them. And I know you have to because they breed like...uh... rabbits

7. #27 Edmond Dantès, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Nah you dont have to breed them..
    You dont have to have a buck..
    If you do breed them thats ok doesnt mean you "Have to" eat them.. they can be sold on Craigs List for a good amount of extra cash ^_^

Edit: Alot of extra cash ;) they sell for 15-20 a pop for normal NZ whites 30+ for pedigree and they sell FAST!
    Some colors such as reds or blues can sell for 30+ on their own 45+ for pedigree

8. how could you eat those rabbits? they're pets man that's horrible I couldn't do it I would become too attached to the little fckers

9. i think the same thing about my plants sometimes

then i smoke em and dont care anymore :smoking:

im sure it goes the same for an animal and eating it if it tastes damn good

10. plants and animal are a bit diff come on... so your saying pruning a bush is like cutting the head off a dog.. if it tastes good then why not? LOL

11. #31 Edmond Dantès, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Its all about perception... Its meat just the like chiken or beef
    Gotta grow up at some point mate its the cycle of life

Also i will only be eating the babies not the breeders so i can love on the moms all i want they will be around for a while.. i love my bunnies ^_^

Edit: just like vines said the babies are raised as meat not pets i do not attach my self to them they are my dinner =D

12. were not talking about eating dogs here.

and i put much love into my gardening.

i treat my plants as if they were a baby

and there is a difference between raising animals for food and raising them as pets..

13. Happy animals make good meat. So treat your livestock like your pets and your end product will be better. I would eat a bunny. They are cute but I bet they are delicious too.

14. i used to have an issue shooting deer til i made venison jerky

15. One of my does just had a litter of 5, I hope they make it through this cold weather were havin (10-20 degrees F). I surrounded the hutch with straw inside and out and put a bunch of dryer lint in with the fur. As far as eating those cute litte things goes, I would rather eat something cute than ugly anyday, more appetizing.

16. :hello:
    Hahhahah dryer lint... nice touch but do you think its safe?
    Thats alot of synthetic fibers but good ideas you could always throw a tarp over it to reduce wind chill and than i would say they will be fine if shes in a nesting box with the babies

Good luck :D

17. Dryer lint is something that I have read on many rabbit breeding forums, I figure if its safe enough for me and my kids to wear than it should work for the rabbits.I found another one in there, that makes six and they have been keeping each other toasty warm for the last 8 hours. The mother only goes into the nest to feed a couple times a day and does not provide much warmth for the babies after pulling fur.

18. Do your kids have pica ?.. lol

Sound like they will be ok rabbits have good cold climate instincts
    Hope the best for ya

19. Baby bunnies:) born a week ago i call the one im holding "Stew" ^_^

Attached Files:

20. My cousin came to Easter last year with "oyster bunny stew". So gross lol. He thought the play on words was too funny to pass up. The rest of the family was a little grossed out. My kids were waiting for the Easter bunny and egg hunts and he comes in talking about how he cooked the damn Easter bunny for lunch....