Ra

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Digit, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Reputation Annonymous.

Hi and welcome to the first meeting of Reputation Anonymous.

I'll go first. Hi, My name is Digit and I'm addicted to green squares! attention junkie!? aaargh, its been,,, two days and i'm getting itchy, i keep checking my user cp to see if theres anymore... i'm hooked. i mean the kind words are really quite nice, they touch me somewhere real deap and last for ages, but i know it's the green square that gives me a fix. i can get the comment but unless its accompanied by that little green square, it doesnt quite hit that dopamine trigger. long time blade, since before the green squares were here, but now, shit man, they could change the name to fascistbumrapistcity.com and i'd still be here to get my fix of green buttons. anyways, thats my story, welcome to RA.

2. Really. So they added the rep system. Y? A repless GC? what was that like?

3. lol, just took someone longer to get banned without a million people giving them bad rep

also, post counts meant a whole lot more

4. Before I offer my two cents on this here’s RMJL again from another thread:

"I wouldn't have closed the thread for the reason that DR did. I probably wouldn't have closed it at all. However, I would have made a rant post about how the rep system seems to cause way more trouble than it's worth and that people are more concerned about how many green bars they have instead of being concerned about making quality posts and adding to the City in a positive manner. We have too many threads about rep and the City is way more than little green bars."

~Reform MaryJane Laws~

I think the quote by hardcore_kid is important because the people that aren't interested in contributing to the City more often than not have red squares. The rep system is good for weeding out such individuals. What I enjoy primarily about the system are the comments I get. They're uplifting and reassuring. I don't get very many PM's so I have a hard time gauging how my role affects others here at the City so when I get Rep with a comment it really makes my day. Even though this is the internet and I don't know any of you personally you've come to mean something to me, and so do your comments, they resonate.

Somehow the rep system and those little green squares have gotten out of hand with people . I can sort of understand how that could happen, because the more green squares you have the better you're perceived here. (Possible popularity contest?) I have a lot of those squares, but I feel the reason I have so many is because my postings are of a high quality. When I post I try to do so conscientiously and for the most part I try to avoid one liners and meaningless comments. That's what this site means to me, I can't speak for everyone else and there in lies the problem with a public forum. Either you give a shit about the community and fight to make it a better place, or you can bitch, moan, or come up with misogynistic threads about Dp or blow jobs.

Staying positive is the most important thing. If people can’t stay positive they should get the fuck out and go somewhere where rude and abrasive behavior is a virture. I love GrassCity and I’m going to fight to make it a better place any way that I can.

Yeah, those green squares are kind of a novelty but members should understand it's the quality of your posts that's important. At any moment someone that doesn't smoke could visit here, is this how we want to represent our beliefs and culture? Maybe I take all this too seriously, fair, but someone fucking has to besides the Administrators. Everyone that posts here has to take ownership of this site if it's going to be the best of what's possible whether or not there’s a rep system or anything else.

Sorry Digit, I had to get that off of my chest, much love.

Stay green GrassCity.