Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RA, and MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CircleCityToker, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Well I have been a long time smoker, but I didn't realize how well MMJ worked for me. I am 28 years old and just got Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.

I have had the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis for the last 3 to four years and did not even know I had it. I felt achey and sick sometimes, but I hate over the counter medicine so I did what we all do and smoked a bowl. It always made me feel better.

Last week I decided my tolerance for pot was to high. I could smoke and smoke and smoke, so I thought a break was in order. After a few days of the normal coming down period I started to get really sore again. In my hands and wrist especially and in my toes. I was feeling tired and not sleeping well. I decided to hit up a doc for the first time in 6 years.

So while it might not have fixed anything, MMJ has kept me pain free for the last 5 years. The progression of my RA has been pretty slow and I will also attribute that to MMJ. If anyone knows of any studies or anything going on in the US involving the efficacy of MMJ on RA please let me know. If nothing else I hope someone reads this and gives it a shot for there RA, it helps me immensely with pain management. So well I didn't even know I had it until I stopped smoking.

2. #2 cball, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
    Good luck in dealing with the RA. :wave:
    I went through similar circumstance with RA and a few other ailments. MJ does more for me then almost any other medicine...but they just put me on methotrexate for it, and they want to increase the dosage slowly (at 10mg/week now, will go to 15mg/week last week of Dec, then 20 in Jan...stuff has me worried as do most RX drugs, they scare me :eek:)

Try to work for as long as you can...SSI/SSDI is under some strict belt tightening orders and SSA is denying legit

disabled people (like me) to save a buck (for more wars) :mad:

Check out Granny Storm Crow's sticky...tons of info in it (and email her for the full list, well worth it)