R3BEL's First Grow (Bagseed)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by R3BEL, May 25, 2010.

1. I have been using that shitty pill type pH tester. I just ordered the new one and should be here monday (overnight shipping)

I have been watering when I think they need it and the pots seem light. I need this pH tester to be sure so I'm stopping my watering until then.

I just got Fox Farm nutes yesterday.

2. Whenever you start your nutes give them one good thorough feeding. dont be stingy but also dont overwater! let it sit idk how big your containers are but i'd say 4-5 days...you might be overwatering them.

3. Right on man, subing your grow now, I hope to see how this turns out. Really digging the lamp set up you picked up on Ebay, I might have to look into that. Yea a ph problem does seem to cause a lot of issues with the plants. I made the mistake of trying my hand at hydro with out a tester and am paying for it now. Same as you I'm setting here waiting on a test kit(and ph up and down) to hopefully correct some problems. Get it taken care of fast leaf problems to seem to just get worse, it really fucked up a couple of my plants and they were doing so well.:(
    Make sure you get some Neem oil and have it on hand. I found it in concentrate form at Lowes for like $15.
    Those little girls look pretty good I gotta say nice and short and bushy, I know mine didn't look like that at that age, so looks like you are off to a great start.:hello: As for the water, just go to Walmart, if you have one near and, buy a five, or three gallon water jug and fill it with the RO water they sell there. It's cheap and basically the same as water filtered with a home RO system.
    Nice to see someone else trying to do this with limited funds, seems like it's mostly people with loads of extra cash and have a med card so they don't have to worry about getting caught. Good luck, hope we can help each other.:D

4. Alright So I got my pH tester today, I have a few questions on the pH of the water I should be using, and testing the ph of my soil.

Now do I want to use straight up 6.0 pH water?! I tested my tap water. It sits at 7.0 / 7.1

Dehumidifier water sat at 4.9

The RO water we had sitting in the tub was at 6.3 I think.

Am I testing the runoff water when I'm testing the soil's pH?!

Sorry for all teh questions but they have to be answered :p

anddd got my Mylar in today so I taped up my corner and now the 2 walls have Mylar on them

5. Well for anyone who cares... I pretty much figured out my own questions.

My 2 weakest plants, I transplanted from a 12" round bucket to a 15" round bucket...

Roots looked healthy, very white and the roots were already hitting the walls...

In good regards, I tested the pH throughout the house and this is what I came up with...

Dehumidifier water :5.1 pH
    Tap Water (inside) :7.1 pH
    Tap Water (outside): 7.4 pH

I have been using : ALL 3 for my grow so far. (Bad I know)

In good news, I just mixed my dehumidifier water and tap water in a cooler and left it outside (it has a drainer at the end) and I just mixed my dehumidifer water, and added my tap water until it reached 6.5...

Transplanted the 2 smaller 12" buckets to 15" buckets watered and tested runoff.... on one plant it was 6.5 on the other 6.6.....

I think I should be set from here on out.... Biggest thing I guess was getting all the shit I needed.

Updates: pH meter came Monday, along with 4ft x 25ft of Mylar. Today my Temperature / Hygrometer gauge came in. tested all plants and ambient temp / humidity.

Highest temperature: top of closest plant to bulb : 81* 40%humidity
    Lowest temperature: top of furthest plant from bulb: 75* 41% humidity
    Average Temperature: Middle of all 4 pots: 77* 42% humidity

I'm liking the temps and feel very confident about the pH water change... I took a before photo of my shittiest condition of a plant, hopefully in a day or two it'll bounce back and I can take after photos :)

** Noticed on weakest plant it wasn't consuming all the water like the other 3 plants (pot was still heavy and haven't watered it)..... pH probably locked out the plant and it doesn't look like it was eating anyways. Transplanted to make sure the roots looked well and everything was.... so I made a batch of water and transplanted just to make sure... and since I did that I couldn't just have 3-15" buckets and a 12" bucket, so I transplanted the other 12" bucket....

Will say that the cool tube is literally 3 or 4" from my plants..... Heat is obviously not that big of an issue right now.

6. Wish I could be more help for you man, but I'm still new at this and trying to grow hydo, lot difference from soil. From what I've been reading 7 seems to be around the right number for your ph, but it doesn't hurt to play around with it a little. I wouldn't go off more than one point either way though. Having a dehumidifier seems to make a huge difference, I don't have one and my barometer is normally around %60 or so. Good luck, don't assume after a while you know it all, it will be a continual learning experience, and (for me anyway) a great hobby:D. What kind of tester do you have, can you just stick it in the soil and check the ph that way?

7. pull that light up just away a bit. did you mix your own soil?

Post some pics of the ladies fam.

8. I just pulled the light up for this next week. It's at like a foot away now. I did mix my own soil.... and pics will be up on Friday before I leave for the weekend!

Thanks for stopping in!

9. First picture is the before of my sick plant, the 2nd is the after.... the other 3 pictures are just my other 3 plants. The last picture is my original grower penelope, she seems to be cruising... super thick leaves cant even see the stem... I noticed the defeciencies, it's probably because i was gone for 4 days on my 4th of July weekend... So i gave them some FF roids'.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Looking very good dude. We both have to head out and get some calmag. I'm picking up General Organics CalMag+ but i might scope out a couple other products while im in there.

How are those tablets working out for you? and are you just using GrowBig right now. I barley started using big bloom seeing that im flowering next week.

11. Just started using, grow big and big bloom, and they aren't tablets it's like a grainy mix that mixes real easy in water...

12. i was just looking at that in the hydrofarm catalog. they have it in soluble too. thats cool. they're going to love that. what size pots are you using?

13. 2 of them are in 15" round pots and the other 2 are in 15" square pots

14. Here are some higher quality photos of what's going down!

Attached Files:

15. and some more! decent I would say, the fact that the pH is good and my nutes are kicking in probably help now.... it's day 40 from seed.

Attached Files:

16. dude. put some shoes on. :)

loooking really good. those babies in the white containers hae some fat ass leaves. your doing good bro. when do you plan on gettin that cal mag?

17. when i get paid :p I don't know if I need it totally, they are looking a lot better and the only time I had trouble is when I was watering with shitty water. Now that I'm watering with a pH of 6.5 instead of 7.5 things seem to go much better. I'm probably going to pick some up anyways and add a little to every watering. I haven't been using my Plant success stuff in a while because I was using it without using a pH meter so it probably f'd me up a lil, but on my next few waterings i'm going to use it see if I can tell a difference. Thanks for the input!

***I don't have shoes on because it's fucking hot in MI, and my room has carpet :)***

18. So I recently got some "Jurrasic Seeds" hahaha well they are like 20 - 30 years old, and he said it was bad ass shit, he just doesn't remember the name. Got 2 different kinds, going to plant those and I have 4 grapefruit diesel seeds... so i guess those will be next

19. Hey man, just found the thread now. At least im not too late haha

Nice setup man. I think those plants look great for 40 days... What lights did you end up using throughout the grow? Sorry i didnt read all the way through, im finally very stoned :smoke:

20. damn bro, you are way ahead of me, your original post I was 1 week ahead of you, and you are way far ahead of me.

You can see my setup if you just look up "subnoize" in advanced search, fuck dude ill be seeking some of your advice, what can I do, Im still only using Floru's and CFl's