R3BEL's First Grow (Bagseed)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by R3BEL, May 25, 2010.

1. #61 R3BEL, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    Well first 2 shots are my Leaf Problems :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I posted on the sick plant problems said it's a possible Magnesium defeciency.

here is a pic of my four plants and their progress... 2nd pic is a very good possibility of LST

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Someone needs to tell me how to do thumbnail posts on this Bitch.

2. Looking good there Rebel, I hope that leaf problem goes away quietly. I hope you LST that 2nd one, wanna see how that'll turn out, peace!

3. Most definitely magnesium issues, and BAD!

Just know that those leaves aren't going to heal themselves. It's only going to get worse as time goes on even after you fix the problem.

In addition to the Mg issue, I think you might have a slight phosphate issue as well, but these are usually linked as Mg and P will bind up. This is usually the result of a pH imbalance but could be caused by too much calcium in your tap water (hard water).

You need to address the Mg issue first. Epsom salts will work, but be careful with the pH when using those. A good magnesium supplement like Huvega might work and it's less than $20 for a bottle that will last you a good long time. You could try adding lime or Cal-Mag, but if your problem is calcium these might exacerbate the issue.

Finally... If it turns out this isn't an Mg or P issue then it is probably mildew, and you'll need a fungicide. Mildew should spread slowly and won't cause the kind of brown spotting that Mg deficiency will. And just so we all know, I totally think it's Mg deficiency.

4. I think it is too, I haven't had any nutes yet so I think that will help a lot of the issues I have found but I think I'm going to go with a tablespoon of Epsom salt per gal of water... should clear some of it up, my smaller guys, their leaves are headed up so I'm going to squash the magnesium issue in my watering tonight.

5. I topped all my plants today again hopefully to get them a little bit bushier, I think after this topping i'm going to let them grow up a little bit. for being 3-weeks old they sure are short and bushy!

Alright here's the updated pics:

1st pic : Just an overview of the 600W MH "Cool Tube" - I can put these plants probably 2 inches from the glass and be perfectly fine. The glass isn't even uncomfortable to the touch, so today I lowered the light down.

2nd pic: "Penelope" is recovering well from the Mag defeciency I believe. I'll be buying 5-gallons of RO water from here on out. My nutes come in on Friday but I'll be out of town...(going to see the nitro funny cars in Ohio.)

3rd and 4th pics: Pictures of my LST... doesn't seem to bother the plant at all... Looking a bit bushy :-D

5th pic: Another one of my plants, roughly 1 week behind the first 2 (in the beige square pots)

6th and 7th pic: Sickly girl, don't know what's wrong with her, still have leaves curling upwards, and she's looking shiesty. Hopefully she pulls through.

IMG00041-20100624-0222.jpg

Attached Files:

6. The lst is looking nice bro!! I wish I knew something about soil so that I could try to help u out with the couple that are having issues. Keep your head up and there are a bunch of good growers on here that can help you out so dont be afraid to confide in them!! I am subbed to this thread now and I dont know why I wasnt before. Good luck man!!

7. Appreciate it! We'll work on this stuff together, If I ever go Hydro I know who to go to tho... Seems a little complicated, at least with soil I have some kind of buffer... I'm trying to figure out how much longer I want to keep them in Veg. maybe I'll work on their height, but I'm loving the "look how much junk they got in their trunk" look. Def bushy. but we will see... Pretty much since it's bagseed, its a grow that's for fun and experience....

:smoking: - Bed time.... probably because I'm ripped.

8. They're going to love that MH dude and glad to hear your girls are pirking back up

9. #69 R3BEL, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010

Thanks Man! I just got my nutes in last night, they really do not seem to like the tap water here... it's a shame it'd be so easy.

If anyone can help me read and understand a little more about my tap water and what I can do to just "Fix" it before I can use it I would appreciate it... I can buy RO water, but I don't know how expensive it is yet and it comes in those 5-gallon jugs.. Maybe i'll just have a bunch on hand. Here is the water report from where I am at though, maybe it can help find what I'm looking for?!

Noticed Mag issues (same with the 1st plant) on another plant. Well it looked like MAG defeciencies.... but it's on my newer set of full fan leaves.... This is getting slightly annoying :-(

10. #70 mrbob_58, Jun 26, 2010
    hey Rebel. put your water in a bucket and let it sit for 24 hrs. the chorine and other bad things will evaporate off . then balance and water your plants.

i have started collecting rain water. i just dump it on....if it were out side it wouldnt hurt it so i cant see it being any different inside. i should do a runoff test to be sure....

11. Here is what the leaves look like on this one... I just ordered a 60$ PH tester and it should be here on monday. Hopefully then I should be able to work these pH inbalances..(hopefully there is some so I can blame my increasing brown leaves on it) This IS A different plant from the one above.... Driving me nuts!

[​IMG]

So after the water sits for a day or two, it should be somewhat cleaner?! interesting... I might just go out and get RO water just because it's going to be easier. I can't possibly imagine it being expensive.

12. an ro water system is high on my list....but gotta wait for the money. thats life.

13. Looking at this website: Ganja Guerrilla's Hall of Marijuana Plant Abuse

Is making me think I have a pH problem.... hopefully I can get it under control... hopefully Monday wont be too late to start....

I'm proud of my accomplishments so far, and I've come a long way in equipment. I'm more or less testing little things in this grow, so I'm kind of glad I've had a few problems, this will help me in my next grow. Now I have a 600W MH / HPS setup, have a pH meter, Nutes to start, a basic understanding, and now how to tackle a few base problems I am having. It's discouraging at first but I know when it comes to my next grow, I'm going to be very pleased in all the work I'm putting into the bagseed I'm growing now.

I appreciate everyone's help and will keep updating just like I have been :-D

14. #74 mrbob_58, Jun 26, 2010
    you have done well rebel. I have followed your grow from the beginning. Its nice to deal with someone who is willing to listen to good advice and do what it takes for a great grow. set backs like this are common and happen to the best growers out there. you will fix it. and when you sit down to enjoy that first smoke. it will be the best you ever smoked. the first grow ALWAYS tastes best.

damn ...if i could type as good as i cangrow....my wife would expect me to get a job......cant have that happen..........

15. post your questions. but a suggestion . spend a little time reading. the stickys are a wealth of good information and even as an established grower i refer to them often. you will find there are allready answers to alot of your questions.

16. You have to stop posting on other people's threads asking for help on yours... I looked at your history and it isn't even the first time, you have it in at least 1 other thread.

17. i think its a kid rebel. tooo impatient

18. what is your watering schedule, what nutes are you using and are you checking your ph before and after you water?