R3BEL's First Grow (Bagseed)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by R3BEL, May 25, 2010.

1. #41 R3BEL, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Well, here my ladies are! Brought them outside today since the weather has been unforgiving the past week, I'm escited to give them sun again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Sorry some pictures are blurry, all my photos are taken with my phone!

2. Good News! JUST talked to a guy on the phone, hooking me up with a 400W switchable ballast and fox farm nutes for like 100$... Such luck :-D

3. #43 R3BEL, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    First penelope then the other:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully I can get that light and nutes here shortly.

4. Alright here I go...

First off I don't have enough light for my 4-plant grow, but I did just order 5-42-watt CFL (6500K) lights.

This will add 2 more reflectors, and bump my 26-Watt CFL's to 42-Watt.

So I will have 5-42-watt CFL on reflectors, and another 4 - 6 on a powerstrip @ 26-watts

I should be setup with lights then, I'm going to have to throw a fan down there when that happens as well, I forgot to look for a Digital Thermometer as well, as an update they are doing fine, besides one looks like it either has not enough light or not enough Ferts, but it's it's first set of leaves so i'm really not fretting.....

so all in all I should have around 350 watts for my 4-plant setup, I figured now it wouldn't be too bad.

5. that should work fine for 4 plants. good luck with your grow ..you certinly have started very well. those plants look great

6. Updates!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. perfect...they are as healthy as i have ever seen. GREAT JOB

(+rep)

8. These are still with only (1)26-watt light per plant.

Amazon just shipped all my lights today so they should be here by tomorrow.

Thank you for the rep!

9. you will need them ...its gettin time for more light.

10. Lights just came in today, it's amazing to now see (5) 42-watt bulbs instead of (3)-26-watt bulbs.

Some guy I contacted last week about a light setup finally got to me. I guess he doesn't have any more 400-watt setups, but for 220$ I get a 600w HPS setup with HPS bulb, and a Conv. MH bulb, Mylar, and 3 of the smaller bottles of the Fox Farm nut pack.

I'm sure I'll still use CFM to supplement the HPS/MH setup even tho I'm working with a 3'x4.5' setup.

11. wow...who turned on the lights. wait till you see that 600.....dont rush to much Rebel. these cabinet grows can be a bottomless pit of money. when i stopped building, we spent over 1800 dollars. now i see a few improvements i could make. but it works great so i am going to wait. catch up on what i spent. then go ahead with the new hps ect. gonna jump from 250 to 400 and i would like another 100w cfl for the vegging. spare replacement bulbs for the lights first. then improvements

12. in all reality I've only paid for CFL's in daylight, and a couple hoods. everything else was soil / something I've had.

so for 220$ I'm going to get a 600w HPS and bulbs to go with it, including 30$ of mylar, and tons off the cost of those nutes.

All I need now is about 80$ worth of wood and I am going to build a 6.0'h x 4.5'w x 3.5'd "room".

We'll see tho.

13. good luck brother....it will be great...it just takes time.

14. Updates again, after around 8 hours of new CFL's the plants are enjoying them it seems... Looks to me that I must have topped my first plant a little low... do you think it'll grow a new stem?! :-( also if you check the 2nd photo you can see that bugs or something been chomping away. Tomorrow I'm going to pick something up so I can spray on them for a little.

1st plant:[​IMG]
    2nd plant:[​IMG]
    3rd:[​IMG]
    4th:[​IMG]

15. Well, I got my 600w Digital setup with a MH bulb put in.. Thing is like 2 ft from my plants with a 6" inline fan and carbon filter, and plenty of cooling for the light, may be slightly worried about the room temperature. I won't know what it is until I get my temp / humidity scale, it's in the mail. That and my nutes are like the last things I need I think... Just updating.

16. As long as the room don't make you sweat or still feel hot when you enter your grow, then you should be fine. Grow rooms should feel breezy and cool

17. So awesome, Nice job, So jealous

18. Rebel...Looks like you have a nibbler on one of your leaves... turn it over and look for bugs. if you find them spray the area with a light solution of chyanne pepper and water. they still look great. good job bud.

19. Your plants look nice.

Mine are about 15 days in and are looking very similar to what you've got going on. I've been using 6 23w CFL 6500k for about 4 plants, and I also have another 5 plants outside.

We'll probably finish around the same time, keep it up and let me know how yours are going :hello: