R/O water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RNeelTech, Oct 18, 2019.

1. I use FF Happy Frog soil. Is it okay to use R/O water or what’s best for Seedlings almost a week old? I refuse to use tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I use tap water that I bake outside for a day and one gallon jugs I'm also happy for her and a nectar guy

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. [​IMG]
    City Tap water straight from the hose for all the 40 years I've been growing.
    If it's high PH run sulfur in the soil like I do.
    If it's low PH run more lime.

BNW

4. I’m from a city in the USA lots of chlorine in it. I only have a liquid PH up and down.

5. R/O water is fine you will just need to add cal mag if your nutrient regiment doesn’t have any. You can also let your tap water sit out for a day and the chlorine will evaporate. Another option would be an under sink filter, or any carbon filtration system.

6. I have used RO water since I've started growing! I find it is much easier to control everything with RO.

You will need to use Cal-Mag more often than if you were using tap water. Just get something to test your PPM and pH and you will be great!

During veg I use GH FloraGro, FloraMicro, FloraNecter and Cal-Mag.

During flower I use Fox Farms Beastie Bloomz, Cal-Mag and the FloraNecter

7. I use RO as well, i find it's the only way to feed at max strength. Total control of what goes in, i feel like a scientist.

8. I've been using tap water for decades.

9. I wasted my time and money for years using ro while growing with fox farms soil. I know you think you're doing something special for your plant but you're not. Leave the ro for hydro guys. Totally unnecessary in soil. Look at gardners in your area, do they use ro or just go grab the gardening hose. I guarantee they're using tap water. If it's not hurting their plants it wont hurt yours. Cannabis is is is no different then any other plant.

10. Nobody will even admit to growing in my area.

11. #11 killset, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    I'm talking about peoples veggie gardens and plants. They dont go through all that unnecessary bullshit and neither do cannabis growers need too in soil