R/O , Cal/Mag, Coco house and garden, PPM question

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Greentiger22, Nov 7, 2012.

1. :confused:Wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me

when using R/O water for growing in Coco what ppm level am I shooting for before adding Base A + B coco (house and Garden). In other words, what ppm level should I have my water at before adding base nutrients (house and Garden).

Can I achieve this by adding Cal/Mag?

- I use the House and garden Full line
    - My R/0 unit produces pure water 0-10 ppm

also I cant find out there what ppm levels Im shooting for after adding base nutrients and additives. once all nutrients are added if i wanted to raise the ppm level of my water should i just add more A+B to desired ppm level?

Thanks again in advance for any advice

2. i add 3ml/gallon ca/mg to my RO before adding my base nutes

you dont really need their entire line, as most of their additives i (personally) deem worthless

i get great results in veg using only coco a/b and roots excel

in flower i only run coco a/b and hydroplex, pretty simple

3. What EC do you run with A,B and cal mag?

4. I use A&B and run around .6 when I first start feeding seedlings or clones, and up to about 1.2-1.4 in late veg and flower. I don't feed every watering though. Sometimes I just give them plain water in between feedings, and I don't use calmag.

5. Do you use hygrozyme?

6. I don't. I have it, but I forget most of the time so I rarely use it. I run pretty much the simplest possible system. Cocos A + B with an occasional AN organic tea additive. That's all I use.

7. And on average what weight do you pull down??

8. Depends on strain. You should be concerned with growing the healthiest plants possible, not yield. Yield will come as a result of healthy plants. You can throw all the additives in the world at your plants and it won't do a bit of good if you haven't mastered the basics.

9. I've used H&G nutes with RO water in coco for quite some time, and I'll both second the recommendation of 3ml/gallon CaliMagic and disagree that you'll get as good of results without running essentially the whole line: I've done it multiple times both ways, and in my opinion there's no question you get better results running the whole line (with a few tweaks:)).I've never gotten as good of results with either other lines of nutes or with stripped down versions of the H&G line. I'm now at ~2 lbs. per crop growing "tree" style, 4 plants at a time in a 4.5'X4.5'X7' tent, 1000w Horlilux, Blockbuster 6" air cooled, and a Solis-Tek digital ballast. Quality is also second-to-none in my opinion.Bud