R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Livefromtha650, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Damn Steve, you didnt have an app for that?

2. This is the truth. Just isn't practical to write a worm or virus for mac when about 1/100 users are a mac.

3. yes, apple is just as evil as pretty much every other company in the world, but the man was a true genius. not in the iPad and macbook air necessarily but his vision, intelligence, and of course marketing strategy was amazing.

4. Of course, they're going for 50%+ profit margins, and of course it's not subjective. When 1/4 of the people in the US are in poverty, and the middle class is dissolving and the income inequality is getting larger, he's a greedy fuck for gouging everyone so he can be worth 8 billion and Apple being worth 200+ billion.

Just like when Ruper Murdoch dies, no fucks were given. The only piece of Apple technology I've ever owned was an iPod and that was even a piece of shit with the battery degenerating to 2~hours of life after 8 months.

5. [​IMG]
    u did gooD.

6. ‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to....love what you do. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. Your time is limited. Don't waste it living someone else's life" - Steve Jobs
    (1955-2011)

7. How is he gouging anyone at all, especially the ones below the poverty line. I know you might not understand the concept but if you live in poverty, DONT BUY A FUCKING IPHONE. I use a 6 year old flip phone and it works just dandy, if you believe that he was doing anything other then providing a product which people bought ON THERE OWN FREE WILL then your dillusional.

8. Dude spent significant time just about every day writing email replies to regular people. That shit was cool.

9. :( R.I.P. man. Thanks for all the cool shit. Next one's for you

10. Apple products aren't overpriced. They're extremely well engineered and very user friendly. They sell like crazy for a reason.

I'm in the IT field, I've used and seen a good amount of hardware. Nothing ever matches the build quality or engineering feats of Apple. They're more expensive for a reason, they're better. Most people fail to realize that the cost of ownership on a Mac is lower than a Windows PC due to higher reliability and durability, less upkeep maintenance, and not needing a bulky, expensive anti-virus suite. TCO (total cost of ownership) is a huge factor when purchasing anything, especially computers.

RIP Steve Jobs.

11. ^They are designed well and user friendly (aka dumbed down).

Aside from that everything else you posted is wrong. I'm not going to elaborate it's well documented and has been beaten to death.

I'm no Apple fanboy but I have much respect for Jobs. rip

12. i wish i had a dollar for every invention i've seen that was later copied by apple and called innovative.

meh. anyway. rip dude

13. i hope tyler perry is next.

14. #55 Droogie, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    What about them is "dumbed down?" They seem to be far more functional than anything I've used by Microsoft, HP, Dell, etc. Making something user friendly is not dumbing it down by any means. Technology should be as easy to use as possible.

And actually everything I stated was based off a survey of IT professionals of which 65% agreed that Macs had a lower TCO.

IT Pros: Total Cost of Ownership on Macs Lower Than PCs
    IT pros: Macs cost less to manage than PCs | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

^This according to an IT director who conducted a cost analysis as part of a study (which is below).

http://www.jamfsw.com/libraries/pdf...-the-real-costs-of-deploying-Macs-and-PCs.pdf

Really though, there is no definitive winner. It comes down to personal needs and taste in operating system. My point is that in many cases Macs can be a more economical choice.

15. what the fuck what day did he die?

i literally just had a dream about him dying a few days ago....
    this is fucked

16. Unfortunately, you are wrong on both accounts. In order for a product to be considered overpriced it would have to offer little or no value to the consumer. Value is usually considered "anything a customer is willing to pay for." If Apple was so ridiculously "overpriced" then they wouldn't sell... it's as simple as that, no one would find value in such an "overpriced" item when they could get an alternative for cheaper that's better. The ringer here is that many people don't go for the alternative because Apple tends to do things right.

Apple knows their market extremely well and the target they zone in on is willing to spend the money because they find value in the product. Since you yourself don't find value in something doesn't mean that others have the same view. As a user of Apple devices I find them to be priced rather fairly.

Secondly, it's interesting the way you describe Apple as using slave labor at Foxconn. For your information many electronics are manufactured there far beyond the scope of Apple. Most likely a few of the electronics you use daily were manufactured there...so I don't understand how you single out Apple...like no one else does it (I'm not saying Foxconn conditions are justifiable, I'm just making a point).

On a side note, RIP Steve Jobs... you will be missed.

-JTMx29

17. R.I.P. Steve Jobs, the technium is a lesser place without you.

You died on my birthday btw. Sort of a downer :(

18. happy birthday!:hello:

19. i wish he could have held out for 4 more days, it would have been an awesome birthday gift.

usual apple disappointment.