R.I.P. Rudy (9/17/08-2/9/19)

Discussion in 'Pets' started by BlueCalx92, Feb 12, 2019.

1. #1 BlueCalx92, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    I just got my dog's ashes today. I can't bear to see, let alone go pick up his toys and bed in the living room. I brought him in to the vet because he was lethargic, breathing strangely and not eating (well, by his standards). Turns out he has cancer and his lung would have collapsed within a few days or a month at most. He was completely healthy at his last check-up so this completely blindsided me.

I don't think I've ever been this miserable in my life. This is worse than I felt when any of my grandparents died, because as much as I loved them, I had time beforehand to get ready for it since their health declined over years, not days.

I so wish I believed in an afterlife so I could convince myself I'll see him again. Fuck. You never know how meaningful it is to have someone that sees you as the greatest thing in the world just for existing until it's gone.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Man it sucks losing a dog. Dogs are better than people in my opinion. I lost my border collie in January this year and it fucking sucks, her presence still feels like it is with us. I still think she follows me wherever I go. I kept her stuffed animal with me. Whenever I see someones dog I think of her and makes me feel hollow inside. I really hope we can get through this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I would cry my eyes out. I don't get close to things because I can't stand losing things. I had a bearded dragon for years and when he died I was down for days. I had a puppy l, her name was shesheio and she was red nose Pitt/blue heeler mix. I taught her in German so others couldn't get her to do things.

However some people put raw meat covered with antifreeze in a bag and threw it over the fence. I think 11 dogs in our area died, so glad I never found out who did that, because I'd probably not react kindly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I would literally not sleep and risk going to prison to ensure they could never walk again and were eating out of a tube.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I live in a huge building with lots of dogs and it sucks being reminded that I no longer have one to take outside. Luckily I'm moving out this weekend into a tiny 4-apartment place.

6. Condolences. some of the toughest times of my life losing my furry friends. They are so much like children and love u unconditionally. Feel good about giving your friend a loving life. Not all animals are so fortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Deleted member 1070567, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2019
    So sorry for your loss. I had the exact thing happen 10 Years ago, came home from work and no dog to greet me as she always did. Went downstairs and found her breathing heavy and very lethargic so my wife and I took her to the vets and found she was full of cancer. Had to put her down then and there, she was our baby and we were devistated. After a week I couldn't bare coming home to an empty house and got another puppy.....now she's ten and we'll be doing the same thing in the next couple years.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sorry for your loss. I had to put down my girl in April. I was surprised with a new puppy in October so we have a new furry friend in our lives. Rip Rudy and Sage <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1