R.I.P Peter Fonda

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dizzy, Aug 17, 2019.

1. #1 Dizzy, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Yep its a very sad time for his family and fans :( he has passed away at age 79.

So R.I.P mon ik you ina better place now tho Much respect to you for all the great Things/films you have done in your life.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. RIP Captain America

Apparently he already knew what it's like to be dead. According to John Lennon.

3. [​IMG]
    Snap
    Goodfellas actress Illeana Douglas tweeted a tribute to Fonda, and to the film - which she said "depicted the rise of hippie culture, condemned the establishment, and celebrated freedom".
    [​IMG]
    Almost 30 years later he was nominated for another Oscar - this time, in the Best Actor category for his 1997 film Ulee's Gold.

Later in life he put his efforts into environmentalism, and in 2012 he co-produced The Big Fix - a film about the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon.

"While we mourn the loss of this sweet and gracious man, we also wish for all to celebrate his indomitable spirit and love of life," the family's statement said.

"In honour of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom."

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. It's one line permanently stuck in my brain...

"You have to hold it in your lungs LONGER, George."

• Like Like x 2

5. What do you mean?

~Toni~

• Informative Informative x 2

6. Thats messed up but thanks for the info SkyJester :)

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you can find Lennon's audio interview where he explains it, it's pretty funny. He said something along the lines of, "He (Fonda) kept whispering in my ear, 'I know what it's like to be dead', and I'm like, "Shut up. I don't give a fuck".

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. "Shut up. I don't give a fuck". ...very good!

• Winner Winner x 1