R.I.P. Grey Goose

Discussion in 'General' started by cryptix420, Nov 8, 2009.

1. So what's up everyone? Haven't been on in a while but it's cool to see a lot of the same people still here.

Anyway, just a few days ago I got out the handle of Grey Goose that I got from Costco for $45. A Handle! That's a lot of damn vodka, and good vodka at that. To make a long story short, I was walking down the pathway in front of my house and my jacket snagged on something and I flew down the stairs and the bottle of Grey Goose shattered and sliced my hand to bits. My hand I use all the time. I didn't even feel it happen though..someone else had to tell me I was bleeding.

So yeah, pretty shitty. Not to mention it was for my friends 21st birthday party!

But on the bright side, to replace the Grey Goose we got this stuff called Stoli Elit, and it's definitely the best alcohol I've ever had.

Peace!
    :wave:
    :bongin:

2. Aw man that sucks. But hey sounds like you made up for it so cheers. Never heard of Stoli elit then again my 21st is just around the corner I'll definitely be picking some up. And some of this if I can find it (doubt it):

[​IMG]

I was going to ask you where you were at that a handle of grey goose is $45, but I just noticed we live in the area haha

3. damn i tink for a bottle of grey goose here is like 30 bucks.

4. At least you cut your hand and sterilized it at the same time, saving you valuable seconds of your day.

5. American Costco's sell booze?

The fuck?

6. yes sir, its very convenient.

7. I thought this thread was about the Grey Goose company and how they weren't going to bottle vodka anymore or something lol. Stoli is good, I've heard. It's been recommended to me by a few Russians.

8. #8 Kevin08, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    You should look at the Coscto vodka, it's like the Kirkland brand they have. A handle of that is like 30 bucks and it tastes EXACTLY the same as Grey Goose. My friend showed me a website awhile back when we were looking to buy some alc for a cocktail and we found out that Costco makes their vodka almost the same way as Grey Goose. So it's basically a way better deal they made just for Costco shoppers. Try it out, me and him killed a handle of it not to long ago and damn it's tasty :D.

9. [​IMG]

Emperor Ultra Premium Connoisseurs Vodka

ftfw

10. +rep you are definately right. I can't tell the difference between Kirkland signature vodka and greygoose.

11. Ya at first Kirkland was trying to make it seem like Grey Goose was making their vodka, but Grey Goose took some legal action against this and made it clear that the two vodkas were just made in the same city, Cognac.

12. lucky bastards...

13. Why didn't you buy the Elit in the first place? Many aficianados regard it as one of the best vodkas in the world. Seems kind of pointless to buy Goose if your budget allows for Elit even after the bottle breakage.

What did you pay for the Elit?

14. #14 MajorStoner, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    Only in some states. American laws regarding the sale of alcohol is determined often on a state-to-state basis, often a county-to-county basis.

For example, you can't purchase beer or wine in any supermarkets in Maryland that I know of, and in Montgomery County alcoholic beverages can only be sold by specially licensed quasi-municipal stores, of which there are only a few.

Agreed. Grey Goose is mediocre vodka that was introduced with an intense, and effective, marketing campaign that portrayed it as a premium vodka; and it was priced accordingly to its supposed quality.

Personally, my favorite top shelf vodka is Belvedere. I feel like it's the original Grey Goose (if GG was excellent), and I think they had that opaque bottle design long before Grey Goose was even introduced (the mid-90s). I also feel like a macho man drinking it. I mean, GG is made from French wheat, Belvedere is made from Polish potatoes; which one of those is more hard-ass?

15. grey goose and mediocre should not be used in the same sentence. smirnoff is mediocre, absolut and skyy are mediocre. grey goose is an excellent vodka. me being from former ussr, ive had my share of different russian and polish and ukrainian vodka.
    REAL stoli is good (most of the stuff in u.s is bottled in ny). as you can tell i like grey goose BUT there is this new russian vodka (it's been out "back home" for a while now, it just came out in u.s 6 or 7 months ago) that's actually imported from russia and it's call Russian Standard. Very good vodka, and it's not expensive.

16. Ok, mediocre is a little overboard, but it certainly isn't the second coming of vodkrist. I guess maybe good? It's clean and has a clear taste but it just doesn't have any care put into it, it just feels like a regular vodka done well, not a traditional ingredients and recipe kind of vodka like Stolichnaya.