QWISO yields

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Qwisokid, Nov 11, 2018.

1. I’ve been dabbling with making concentrates with high volumes out of outdoor schwag. My first run I bought a pound of year old weed mostly bud dried and cured a little brownish in colour no mould. Total dirt weed but a Big fattie would get you baked for an hour. A farmer found it on his property and I found out about it through a friend of a friend. What the hell I’ll try it. $300 a pound. I froze 2 gallons of 99% ISO outside in -20 C spring weather in Ontario Canada. I was good and cold and I damn near froze my hands during the wash cycle. Out of that entire pound I only yielded 27g.It was potent but lacked the old school flavours and colour I remember from my past. Run 2 ....I scored 9 oz powdered trim for 1/2 of what I could get out of it...I yielded 15g high quality amber coloured gooey goodness. I got 7.5g free. Run 3...12oz powdered trim..same deal...I yielded 20 g amber coloured icky sticky...got to keep 10g...
    I tried stems and all it produced a whitish powder that was useless and smelt like burnt stems. Stems are a waste of time IMO.
    Leaf (fan leaves) produced nothing either, use your fan leaves for butter.

My ISO method...
    1.Freeze alcohol - 99% ISO is best
    2. Place bud in jars then in freezer.
    3. After 24 hrs min remove a jar of bud and add frozen ISO. (I’ve been using 750ml per 2 oz)
    4. Shake vigorously for 1 minute.
    5. Have a 12 cup coffee pot with a 5” metal strainer and a silk screen over the metal strainer ready.
    6.Pour the liquid through the strainer and silk fabric so collects in the coffee pot.
    6. Transfer weed from silk fabric into a large ziplock bag. You can keep re using the silk fabric for consecutive jars.
    7. Have another jar ready with a metal coffee filter and pour the liquid from the coffee pot through the coffee filter.
    8. This can be further filtered by paper coffee filter if you want, as there will be sediment on the bottom of the jar.
    9. Transfer liquid to a rice cooker paying attention not to pour the sediment from the bottom of the jar. (Discard the sediment as it evaps off into a white worthless powder)
    10.turn on the rice cooker and evaporate the alcohol off. (Do this outside or you’ll blow your ass up unless you’re distilling and collecting the evapped ISO to re-use)
    11. Pay attention once you get near the end swish it round add a few drops of water from an eye dropper.
    12. Transfer to a Pyrex pie plate and cover with a cheesecloth.
    13.let sit a few days to purge the remaining alcohol, or put in convection oven at low temp 180F for an hour or so or until it stops bubbling. Adding more heat will affect potency and darken oil. I just let it sit in a warm spot with a fan on it until it’s hard...then I scrape it up with a utility blade or a scalpel and transfer to my latex container or glass vials.

Make sure it’s purged use a mini torch to melt the oil off the blade into your container. If it lights up on fire there’s still alcohol in it. Purge it some more.

The remaining weed in the ziplock will be ok for a second run. Refreeze it and do it at a later date.

Always remember...
    Solvents are volatile use gloves and cook outdoors. The better your bud the better your yield.

Play safe and happy extracting
    QK

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Some farmer found some weed and you found out about it thru a friend.... interesting. You are braver than myself... i am about to make some today. On a MUCH smaller scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yes, why is that do difficult to comprehend. Not everyone smokes weed. The shwag was a year old sitting in a barn until he could find someone that wanted it. Please elaborate on your brave comment?

4. i dont think he was being a smart ass. it sounds like a setup.

either way, ive found a few lbs in a corner of our storage shed years after we stopped growing. shit happens and you forget.

5. You would end up with better and cleaner product if you only wash for 30 seconds max, use a milder heat source instead of a rice cooker, and purge it in a vacuum.

I make RSO with the rice cooker but that’s a whole plant extraction so color and taste isn’t a concern. With Qwiso, you only want the heads and as little heat as possible to keep it light in color.

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I use a short wash too. 15 second sit followed by 15 second agitation. I do 2 washes as well. I'm able to dab the first wash. I use the second wash to make hand pressed hash.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Have you considered dredging out instead of waiting for ISO to evaporate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Check out my thread on filtration, I think I’m on to something. Every time it just keeps getting better and better.

9. Not sure what you mean by dredging out?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I scoop the goop when it starts to form a white mass on top off liquid then I scoop and transfer to glass[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. 8 g shatter and 12g of some tasty honey oil

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice I’ve got a little over two ounces

14. I’ve got a dulytek clamshell do you press how do you collect keif bubble hash?

15. I just make qwiso, or hash the old school way through a silk screen

• Like Like x 1
  16. Some more pics of my handiwork

Attached Files:

17. #17 Jooce, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Good QWISO write up. 1/16 is ~6.25% and depending on the quality of the shwag, along with the initial water weight, you're probably right where you should be. The more surface area you provide the alcohol to act upon the greater your yield per time. The low temp freezes the water within the plant which create barriers that shield parts from the alcohol. If you lightly chop your product before washing you won't have to do multiple runs, if you keep the temp below freezing then the water soluble stuff (chlorophyll ect) will have a greater viscosity than the alcohol soluble stuff and most will be filtered out (less water soluble stuff gets picked up in low temp methods compared to washing/filtering solutions above 0C/32f though, so its a double whammy, less is needed to be filtered, on top of facilitating a higher efficiency in filtering the water soluble components).

I like to do a mechanical extraction first before solvent washing. Saves on solvent and creates a cleaner product. I prefer a system with similar mesh sizes to "bubble buckets," + ice + water + gentle agitation/time, and then I only solvent wash the lesser meshes. Allows me to cheaply reduce large quantities of material into more concentrated and manageable sizes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I simply create, or hash, in the traditional manner using a silk screen.
    Basket Random