Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Qwiso - Sticky vs. Dry

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Ecliptica, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I made some QWISO with some stems, grinder, and vaped weed.

It came out black and sticky when I scraped it. I've seen different outcomes on GC and was wondering why does it vary between sticky and black vs dry and golden?

Btw I used 99% and strained it through two paper coffee filters. Below is a pic:

[​IMG]

2. #2 ajwf, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    i get the same thing too. I think it has something about leaving the trimmings in the alcohol too long and thus getting my clorophyll, but im no expert. and the quality of trimmings

3. if you leave the plant material in the alcohol longer than ~30 seconds it absorbs chlorophyll and it will darken your qwiso quite a bit. also, you need to make sure you let it FULLY dry before scraping it. you want it to be a powdery looking substance similar to kief and it must dry to become powdery.

4. I let it sit over night with my window open and my fan going. Do I need to let it dry longer than that?

5. whats better Keif or QWISO?

6. it really just depends. sometimes it takes a day, sometimes two. just make sure it looks powdery before scraping.

7. Less exposure to the alcohol is key.

8. I think vaped weed might make it darker, combined with a possibly long exposure time.
    but it'll still get you pretty damn stoned:smoke:

9. Right now it has the consisticy of tar, is it safe to smoke?

And yeah, I let it sit a while in the alcohol..

10. how long is awhile??? minutes? seconds?

11. A good 15 minutes because I was waiting for it to strain.

12. wow. it should be around 30 seconds of sitting and 30 seconds of shaking and that's it. follow this guide.

13. the way i see it is that the iso alch makes hash oil.. thats why its pitch tar black.. i smoke it with my friends and nothing is wrong, we just get really lit.. i've fully evaporated it too.. it's just sticky black tar goodygooeyness!

14. man u gotta strain it through metal before you use coffee filters

15. You don't need to strain it through metal before, but holy shit 15 minutes is a long time.

16. Yeah well I guess next time I'll know not to wait that long. So it's safe to smoke correct?

Thanks for the replies. +rep

17. i always do..
    and I get 2 washes before it looks completely like that.

18. word. the less porous strainer helps get the big chunks out of the way and helps the smaller filters, filter easier and faster.