Qwiso Questions

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Halfbakedjake, Jan 21, 2014.

1. I did a run of a half of some white berry shake. Now i have questions.  :D

First question, on my first batch i did a hot water bath and changed the water out when it got cool. With a fan on it the whole time. I did not notice any difference in the pan after everything was evaporated other then the iso smell was gone, and replaced by that sweet hash smell. Does that mean its ready to be scraped? or does more of the iso leave the oil with just a fan at room temp.

Basically what im trying to figure out is after i get everything evaporated, and before i smoke it, what are the best DIY methods to get a clean product. 

I have heard that qwiso needs to be vac purged, But ive also heard that it doesn't, any one have any evidence to support one or the other. 

How do you get the different types of consistency with qwiso, like honeycomb, shatter?

Does Dehydrating your starting material help?

2. #2 Halfbakedjake, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390339131.376183.jpg 2nd wash, I didn't even get a pic of first. Lol.I smoked a j of blue cheese with it painted on the paper with one of my buddy's who's been smoking and growing for 20 years and he had to put it down toward the end said it was like smoking tasty weed crack. So deffinatly a good 2nd wash ha.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. :confused_2: :confused_2: you mean you soaked the buds in water???

check my sig for a great step by step guide

4. I think he meant he put the primary dish in a secondary dish with a hot water bath.

5. Yup, kinda like a double boiler. I did two washes with 91% ISO. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app