Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Qwiso questions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by drosmoke34, Jun 27, 2012.

1. So I made a batch of qwiso last night using around 8 grams of dry old dank. I dont feel like just covering the bud was enough alcohol because the ISO evaporated in only 7 hours, is this okay? I did nothing but put a small fan on it during the night. Thanks in advance for answering!

2. If in doubt, let it sit longer!

3. Im gonna scrape it in a few hours and run the bud through the iso again, should I just add more alcohol this time? I know the quality won't be as good a the first time.

4. yeah if the iso evaped without heat in 7 hours then there will still be loads of trichs left on the bud..

5. What I suggest (after making multiple QWISO batches):

Make sure you have 91% iso. The hash will be of better quality.

Place your Iso and bud in the freezer for 30 minutes.
    After, put the bud in a mason jar and immediately fill the jar until the bud is covered with Iso. Fill it until the iso is just over the top of the weed. And stir this lightly with a stirring utensil for 30 seconds. Immediately after, put your mixture through a set of metal weave strainers and a coffee filter.

Use a spoon to press the iso through the coffee filter so that it doesn't have the bud sitting in it. This can reduce the quality. (Your straining this onto an evaporation plate)

I would do two runs. Make sure you do it on two separate plates. I've lately been evaporating the Iso using a double boiler, it comes out phenomenal this way.

Good luck! :smoke:

6. [quote name='"OmegleMeister"']What I suggest (after making multiple QWISO batches):

Make sure you have 91% iso. The hash will be of better quality.

Place your Iso and bud in the freezer for 30 minutes.
    After, put the bud in a mason jar and immediately fill the jar until the bud is covered with Iso. Fill it until the iso is just over the top of the weed. And stir this lightly with a stirring utensil for 30 seconds. Immediately after, put your mixture through a set of metal weave strainers and a coffee filter.

Use a spoon to press the iso through the coffee filter so that it doesn't have the bud sitting in it. This can reduce the quality. (Your straining this onto an evaporation plate)

I would do two runs. Make sure you do it on two separate plates. I've lately been evaporating the Iso using a double boiler, it comes out phenomenal this way.

Good luck! :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks, the only thing I didn't do was put the ISO in the freezer( tutorial I followed didn't require) but i just ran the bud again. Oh and it actually isn't ready to scrape still so the 7 hours thing was wrong. I can't wait to see how it tonight! :smoke:

7. Of course! Good luck!! :smoke:

8. I find the size of the pyrex pan you use can make a huge difference in dry time. I use an 11" x 13" and my qwiso is bone dry after about 12 hours, but when I use a 8" round Pyrex it takes about 24 hours. I always just dry with a fan and no additional heat.

9. Different batches will require varying lengths to evaporate. Also depends upon the base area of your container. If it's spread out over a wider area, it's going to evaporate faster.

10. head to the ISO head thread and read
    :smoke: