Qwiso question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Massmeds420, Oct 1, 2017.

1. What's up everyone . I used some frozen trim and frozen 99% ISO and was left with a light brown powder? Is this normal and anyone to make it easier to handle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yes it’s normal, much better than the goop people get with iso runs. The faster you can get the ISO run through the weed and colder you keep it the better you’ll end product will be. No more than 15 seconds is get some white that could be pressed and dabbed.

3. Thank you for clarifying this . Couple links from google tells me to throw it in the oven but that's maddening to me considering I just spent 2 days getting it to evaporate Without heat lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol, holy hell the oven ! Never heard of that one, my early qwiso days, when I was in a rush, I’d throw a space heater near the ISO, would evaporate in a couple hours. It’s turns the final product very dark though.

5. Sounds like prime qwiso. I use a fan blowing directly on the iso wash overnight and dry the remaining water with a hair dryer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I think they mean put it in parchment first

7. I ended up just putting the powder into parchment and put it under my labtop charging was much more easier to handle and this shit packs a punch

8. Yeah. I used to press water hash by putting in cellophane, then in a wet magazine page, and press with a medium iron

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Next time around I’m gonna try a bho run was too nervous this time around never done anything like this before

10. I make bho, then dump a bunch of Everclear in it to winterize. I just let a fan evaporate it, vac purge after.

11. What’s an inexpensive way to vac purge . Got a link for some equipment ?

12. terrible at links. 'Best value vacs' i used. Same company makes the 'shatter vac' dumb imo. Same stuff just a different sticker. I ordered the stuff that didn't scream bho on the side of it. 3 gal chamber[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] chambers and pump, induction cooktops, screen over evap because those dann fungus gnats, cali extractions stainless tubes

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry I forgot to mention, there really is no cheap way to make BHO. Not quality and not safely.

14. Haha yea I hear you man safety first .. I’m on a real small scale level in terms of growing so looking into rosin might be a better option for me I think ... thanks for the feedback