Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Qwiso or bho with low quality bud

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Budyyy, May 9, 2013.

1. Let's say someone has 4oz of low quality mids, (~8%thc) and they wanted to increase the quality.. Would it be worthwhile to do an extraction or just stick with the buds. ASll the teks seem to stress the importance of using high quality materials.

2. Make edibles. I've heard mids are better for potent edibles because they have a higher CBD/CBN content than higher quality buds.

Otherwise I'd just qwiso it. Wouldn't want to waste the money on butane for a lower quality product.

Hell I bet you could make some edibles that would rock your socks till next tuesday with the qwiso.

3. I would make some cannabutter. The hash would probably suck ass anyway. You will get way more out of it if you make cannabutter or cannaoil.

4. You can't get more out of it than what's in it. Making oil gets it all out.

If you cook it then you'll lose some potency in the bake.

Quality mean more thc and less other shit. So even if you take an ounce of schwag, when you make oil the oil is good because the shit's only schwag because of the oil : plant ratio. Strip all the plant away and just leave the oil and it doesn't matter how strong the weed was, the oil will be strong as fuck. You just might not get the quantity of overall product but would you rather have all the thc in a little pile, or most of the thc in a big pile with a bunch of other non-thc shit?

5. Show pics of the buds man. Also whats it smell like? iso extracts sweet/fruity flavors better than pungent/skunky flavors.

6. haha, low quality mids? Thats a new category I haven't heard of.

If you already have the necessary equipment (i.e 3 cfm Vacuum pump) to make a properly purged BHO, then do that...but its not really worth buying the proper equipment if you are already going to be starting off on the wrong foot with some bunk material.

7. you dont need a 3cfm vac to make bho. In fact, cfm isnt really important in what we're doing.

It would still be worth buying the equipment if he plans on making his own oil. Just cause his first batch may be with low quality material doesnt mean he cant use it to gain experience with. Worst thing happens, you put the errl in some edibles, big deal.