QWISO change of state

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TheTaste, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I did a QWISO run off some Purple Kush a couple of weeks ago. I got a nice amber shatter consistency. I did two washes. The second one, slightly greener, is what I mostly dabbed on first. Both amounts were stored together on the same parchment. The only main difference in environmental storage factors is that the second wash shatter was getting opened more to be smoked, while the 1st wash was sandwiched in the parchment most of the time. I moved it around a lot and it was subjected to colder temps of the Canadian north, to warmer temps in cozy bedrooms.

Well after two weeks, when I opened the parchment to smoke more of wash 1, it had waxed up to a completely different color and consistency. Beige and crumbly. Still has beautiful smell and taste. Still works great.

Any very experienced blades with possible explanations? If this happens is it possible/advisable to go back to shatter with heat?

2. theres many factors that play a role in a batch waxing up so its hard to say what caused it. you can usually get it back to a viscous state but you may have to get it pretty hot.

3. "There are many factors"... Sure. Can we name some?

Is this common?

Is there something that needs to be done during the process to increase stability?

I am an errl newb, but it was curious to see the change so long after production.

It is possible that the Pyrex for wash 1 got some moisture from the double boiler setup.

4. #4 dan k, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    sounds like it just dried out over time..
    ive had stuff go waxy after fucking with the parchment paper to much.
    Or at music festivals in the summer its always butter by day 3

i dont work with qwiso much though my only experience is with bho

5. Thanks guys.

I just did a run of over an ounce of shake/trim. This time I'm air purging without double boiler. I'll try to keep some for a couple of weeks depending on the yield and usage... Lol. See what happens.

6. If it waxes up, there was something done during the extraction that caused enough compounds to be extracted making it wax up. A proper shatter will stay shatter.